Backup Exec 8.5 with IDR - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec 8.5 with IDR - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have a Dell PowerEdge 4400 running Windows NT 4 Server, this is currently a test box. When trying to recover the server using the IDR option with Backup Exec 8.5. We boot the server using a Bootable CD IDR ...

  1. Backup Exec 8.5 with IDR

    We have a Dell PowerEdge 4400 running Windows NT 4 Server, this is currently
    a test box. When trying to recover the server using the IDR option with
    Backup Exec 8.5.

    We boot the server using a Bootable CD IDR made but when it loads the
    drivers for a mass storage device it loads the Dell PERC 3/DI Raid
    Controller drivers successfully but doesn't find the hard disks.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    Dan

  2. Re: Backup Exec 8.5 with IDR

    I do not know how IDR handles this, but your symptons indicate that the PERC
    driver is not the first SCSI controller installed for NT setup. I would see
    if the script verifies this. Alex

    "Daniel Wood" wrote in message
    > We have a Dell PowerEdge 4400 running Windows NT 4 Server, this is

    currently
    > a test box. When trying to recover the server using the IDR option with
    > Backup Exec 8.5.
    >
    > We boot the server using a Bootable CD IDR made but when it loads the
    > drivers for a mass storage device it loads the Dell PERC 3/DI Raid
    > Controller drivers successfully but doesn't find the hard disks.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Dan

+ Reply to Thread