Nothing appear in Outlook after mailbox restore. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Nothing appear in Outlook after mailbox restore. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I know that my problem is known but what is the solution? With Backup Exec 8.0 on Exexchange 5.5 Sp3, I make a backup of my mailboxes. The backup is perfect. I have a box which is corrupted. I erase ...

  1. Nothing appear in Outlook after mailbox restore.

    I know that my problem is known but what is the solution?

    With Backup Exec 8.0 on Exexchange 5.5 Sp3, I make a backup of my mailboxes.
    The backup is perfect. I have a box which is corrupted. I erase it and I
    recreate it with the same name.

    I make a restore only of this box. The restore is perfect because in Exchange
    Administrator I see that there are now 527 files.

    On the other hand when I open Outlook on 2000, everything is empty. I made
    a check consistency of my base, an eseutil / d and / g, isinteg patch etc.,
    always the same result.

    Is it somebody has a solution?

    Regards

    Donald Gagne

  2. Re: Nothing appear in Outlook after mailbox restore.

    If the admin tool says you have messages, you have them. This is probably a
    problem with the mail client. First, if you deleted then re-created the
    mailbox, Outlook is probably trying to find the original mailbox that
    doesn't exist. Recreate the profile. Second, check that you don't have
    some kind of filtering on. If that doesn't work, try looking at your
    mailbox with an IMAP client.

    Don't waste your time with individual mailbox backup. Backup the IS/DS.
    Turn on deleted item retention. See
    http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm.

    Be careful running the database utilities such as eseutil and isinteg. You
    shouldn't run these unless you know exactly what the problem is and what you
    are doing. It is very easy to irreparably damage your database with those
    utilities. If you are going to use them, make sure you have both an on-line
    and off-line backup before you do anything.

    Charles Villa

    "Donald Gagne" wrote in message

    > I know that my problem is known but what is the solution?
    >
    > With Backup Exec 8.0 on Exexchange 5.5 Sp3, I make a backup of my

    mailboxes.
    > The backup is perfect. I have a box which is corrupted. I erase it and I
    > recreate it with the same name.
    >
    > I make a restore only of this box. The restore is perfect because in

    Exchange
    > Administrator I see that there are now 527 files.
    >
    > On the other hand when I open Outlook on 2000, everything is empty. I made
    > a check consistency of my base, an eseutil / d and / g, isinteg patch

    etc.,
    > always the same result.
    >
    > Is it somebody has a solution?
    >
    > Regards