Remote administration - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote administration - Veritas Backup Exec ; How do I remote administer my 7.3 backup servers from a Win2000-Pro? 7.3 won't install the remote administration console on Win2000 and 8.0 won't touch 7.3 servers... - Heine...

  1. Remote administration

    How do I remote administer my 7.3 backup servers from a Win2000-Pro?

    7.3 won't install the remote administration console on Win2000 and 8.0 won't
    touch 7.3 servers...

    - Heine

  2. Re: Remote administration

    I have heard in this group you can install the admin console to an NT4
    station (make sure you use the same drive and path you want on your 2K
    machine). Copy the Veritas directory and the HKLM\Software\Veritas registry
    subtree to the Win2K machine.

    Charles Villa

    "Heine Jeppesen" wrote in message
    > How do I remote administer my 7.3 backup servers from a Win2000-Pro?
    >
    > 7.3 won't install the remote administration console on Win2000 and 8.0

    won't
    > touch 7.3 servers...
    >
    > - Heine

+ Reply to Thread