Compaq TL891 Mini-Library Invalid Element Address - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Compaq TL891 Mini-Library Invalid Element Address - Veritas Backup Exec ; We are using Backup Exec ver 8.0 with a Compaq TL891 mini-library with NT 4.0 sp 6a. It worked great until we changed tapes the first time. Now although we can see all the tapes with the Compaq TSMC tool, ...

  1. Compaq TL891 Mini-Library Invalid Element Address

    We are using Backup Exec ver 8.0 with a Compaq TL891 mini-library with NT
    4.0 sp 6a.

    It worked great until we changed tapes the first time. Now although we can
    see all the tapes with the Compaq TSMC tool, we only see the tape in slot
    0 which also happens to be the only tape from the original set. When I try
    to refresh the list, it brings up what was previously there.

    When I try to do an inventory, I get the following error for each slot.

    Changer error - invalid element address.

    Can anyone help me?

    Thanks,
    Brian Oppermann

  2. Re: Compaq TL891 Mini-Library Invalid Element Address

    Hi Brian!

    I am "happy" to see that another person has run into this problem. I posted
    a message here about two weeks ago about the same problem, but no one has
    until now seen the problem as far as I know. My backup device is a Compaq
    SSL 2020 AIT Library, and I run BE 8.5 on W2kSP1.

    Letīs keep in touch if either of us find the solution.

    Regards

    Per

    "Brian Oppermann" skrev i meddelandet

    > We are using Backup Exec ver 8.0 with a Compaq TL891 mini-library with NT
    > 4.0 sp 6a.
    >
    > It worked great until we changed tapes the first time. Now although we

    can
    > see all the tapes with the Compaq TSMC tool, we only see the tape in slot
    > 0 which also happens to be the only tape from the original set. When I

    try
    > to refresh the list, it brings up what was previously there.
    >
    > When I try to do an inventory, I get the following error for each slot.
    >
    > Changer error - invalid element address.
    >
    > Can anyone help me?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Brian Oppermann

  3. Re: Compaq TL891 Mini-Library Invalid Element Address

    I am having the same problem. I am using a Compaq DDS-4 DAT 20/40 Drive and
    when I run an inventory after changing tapes the inventory fails and the
    error is "Library error - Invalid element address. I am using BE 8.6 With
    a W2KServer on a Compaq Proliant 3000.

    "Per Svensson" wrote:
    >Hi Brian!
    >
    >I am "happy" to see that another person has run into this problem. I posted
    >a message here about two weeks ago about the same problem, but no one has
    >until now seen the problem as far as I know. My backup device is a Compaq
    >SSL 2020 AIT Library, and I run BE 8.5 on W2kSP1.
    >
    >Letīs keep in touch if either of us find the solution.
    >
    >Regards
    >
    >Per
    >

    >"Brian Oppermann" skrev i meddelandet
    >>
    >> We are using Backup Exec ver 8.0 with a Compaq TL891 mini-library with

    NT
    >> 4.0 sp 6a.
    >>
    >> It worked great until we changed tapes the first time. Now although we

    >can
    >> see all the tapes with the Compaq TSMC tool, we only see the tape in slot
    >> 0 which also happens to be the only tape from the original set. When

    >try
    >> to refresh the list, it brings up what was previously there.
    >>
    >> When I try to do an inventory, I get the following error for each slot.
    >>
    >> Changer error - invalid element address.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help me?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Brian Oppermann

  4. Re: Compaq TL891 Mini-Library Invalid Element Address

    I am getting the same error when I run an inventory with a single tape in
    the tape magazine. I am using a Compaq 20/40GB DAT 8 AL, running Back Exec
    8.6. Have one of you found a solution to this issue?

    "Nicholas Reker" wrote:

    >I am having the same problem. I am using a Compaq DDS-4 DAT 20/40 Drive

    and
    >when I run an inventory after changing tapes the inventory fails and the
    >error is "Library error - Invalid element address. I am using BE 8.6 With
    >a W2KServer on a Compaq Proliant 3000.
    >
    >"Per Svensson" wrote:
    >>Hi Brian!
    >>
    >>I am "happy" to see that another person has run into this problem. I posted
    >>a message here about two weeks ago about the same problem, but no one has
    >>until now seen the problem as far as I know. My backup device is a Compaq
    >>SSL 2020 AIT Library, and I run BE 8.5 on W2kSP1.
    >>
    >>Letīs keep in touch if either of us find the solution.
    >>
    >>Regards
    >>
    >>Per
    >>

    >>"Brian Oppermann" skrev i meddelandet
    >>>
    >>> We are using Backup Exec ver 8.0 with a Compaq TL891 mini-library with

    >NT
    >>> 4.0 sp 6a.
    >>>
    >>> It worked great until we changed tapes the first time. Now although

    we
    >>can
    >>> see all the tapes with the Compaq TSMC tool, we only see the tape in

    slot
    >>> 0 which also happens to be the only tape from the original set. When

    >>try
    >>> to refresh the list, it brings up what was previously there.
    >>>
    >>> When I try to do an inventory, I get the following error for each slot.
    >>>
    >>> Changer error - invalid element address.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone help me?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Brian Oppermann

+ Reply to Thread