Installation BENT8.5 fails with error -119 file:becombinder.dll (NT4.0SP6a) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Installation BENT8.5 fails with error -119 file:becombinder.dll (NT4.0SP6a) - Veritas Backup Exec ; Help!!! When installing BENT 8.5 we get this error message: An error has occured during the move data process: -119 Component: PushInstall FileGroup: ICOMPushInstallComSR File: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VERITAS Shared\becombinder.dll During further installation we receive error messages that some of the ...

  1. Installation BENT8.5 fails with error -119 file:becombinder.dll (NT4.0SP6a)

    Help!!!

    When installing BENT 8.5 we get this error message:

    An error has occured during the move data process: -119
    Component: PushInstall
    FileGroup: ICOMPushInstallComSR
    File: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VERITAS Shared\becombinder.dll

    During further installation we receive error messages that some of the dll's
    couldn't be registered (e.g. schedu.dll).

    We run WindowsNT4.0 SP6a (english) and MS Exchange Server 5.5 SP4.

    The machine was installed from the scratch. There was no old version of BENT.

    Any ideas/suggestions?

    Thanks
    Regards
    Thomas Mueller

  2. Re: Installation BENT8.5 fails with error -119 file:becombinder.dll (NT4.0SP6a)

    I just found this article:
    Backup Exec Installation returns error -119 at the start of Backup Exec 7.3
    setup. Setup continues, but fails to register shared DLL files and services
    fail to start.

    May be it's the answer. I will quickly check it.

    Thomas

  3. Re: Installation BENT8.5 fails with error -119 file:becombinder.dll (NT4.0SP6a)

    http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190941.htm did it.

    Installation was successfull!!!

    Thomas

  4. Re: Installation BENT8.5 fails with error -119 file:becombinder.dll (NT4.0SP6a)

    This is interesting as it conflicts with Microsoft's advice on

    NT4 Security planning. In their articles they state that all

    critical NT4 servers should have 8.3 Naming Disabled. I've

    just undertaken their Security Checklist and wondered why I

    couldn't undertake my 8.5 remote installs for the same

    reason.

  5. Re: Installation BENT8.5 fails with error -119 file:becombinder.dll (NT4.0SP6a)

    I have found that this does not work on servers with Backoffice 4.5 installed,
    the problem lies within MDAC, the only workaround I have found is to do
    a fresh install from scratch, and before installing Backoffice, install service
    pack 4 then install Backup Exec.

    "Thomas Mueller" wrote:

    >I just found this article:
    >Backup Exec Installation returns error -119 at the start of Backup Exec

    7.3
    >setup. Setup continues, but fails to register shared DLL files and services
    >fail to start.
    >
    >http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190941.htm
    >
    >May be it's the answer. I will quickly check it.
    >
    >Thomas

+ Reply to Thread