Unix Agent: Server has refused the network connection - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unix Agent: Server has refused the network connection - Veritas Backup Exec ; We're currently backing up a RedHat server using the Unix Agent that came with BE 8.0. I just added another server running the save version of RedHat and installed the latest Unix agent, be_agnt_234039.tar. I was unable to get the ...

  1. Unix Agent: Server has refused the network connection

    We're currently backing up a RedHat server using the Unix Agent that came
    with BE 8.0. I just added another server running the save version of RedHat
    and installed the latest Unix agent, be_agnt_234039.tar. I was unable to
    get the BackupExec server to see the Linux box so I installed the older Unix
    Agent (the same one as on our other Linux sever) and now it is visible. The
    problem is when I try to access the directories/files I receive the
    following error..

    "Server has refused the network connection or is out of network connections"

    Any idea what could be causing this problem?

    Thanks.

    --
    Perry Taylor
    Canyon Data Solutions, Inc.

  2. Re: Unix Agent: Server has refused the network connection

    I also have this problem but on Solaris 2.6. I have not been able to solve
    it. I initialy thaught that it was a conflict with my NMS apps until I read
    this post.

    "Perry Taylor" wrote in message
    > We're currently backing up a RedHat server using the Unix Agent that came
    > with BE 8.0. I just added another server running the save version of

    RedHat
    > and installed the latest Unix agent, be_agnt_234039.tar. I was unable to
    > get the BackupExec server to see the Linux box so I installed the older

    Unix
    > Agent (the same one as on our other Linux sever) and now it is visible.

    The
    > problem is when I try to access the directories/files I receive the
    > following error..
    >
    > "Server has refused the network connection or is out of network

    connections"

    > Any idea what could be causing this problem?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Perry Taylor
    > Canyon Data Solutions, Inc.

  3. Re: Unix Agent: Server has refused the network connection

    We had the same symptoms. Turned out that the Linux machine didn't have the
    correct default gateway set.

    Regards,

    O. Wierda

    "Bill Doyle" wrote:
    >I also have this problem but on Solaris 2.6. I have not been able to solve
    >it. I initialy thaught that it was a conflict with my NMS apps until I read
    >this post.
    >

    >"Perry Taylor" wrote in message
    >> We're currently backing up a RedHat server using the Unix Agent that came
    >> with BE 8.0. I just added another server running the save version of

    >RedHat
    >> and installed the latest Unix agent, be_agnt_234039.tar. I was unable

    >> get the BackupExec server to see the Linux box so I installed the older

    >Unix
    >> Agent (the same one as on our other Linux sever) and now it is visible.

    >The
    >> problem is when I try to access the directories/files I receive the
    >> following error..
    >>
    >> "Server has refused the network connection or is out of network

    >connections"
    >>
    >> Any idea what could be causing this problem?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Perry Taylor
    >> Canyon Data Solutions, Inc.