Remote agent slows remote backup. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote agent slows remote backup. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have two remote servers, both on same 10/100 switch as backup server, running 8.5 3571. When I start the remote agent on one of the servers, transfer rate drops to 13MB/min. Stop the remote agent, transfer rate goes back ...

  1. Remote agent slows remote backup.

    I have two remote servers, both on same 10/100 switch as backup server, running
    8.5 3571. When I start the remote agent on one of the servers, transfer
    rate drops to 13MB/min. Stop the remote agent, transfer rate goes back to
    60-70MB/min. I have removed agent from remote server and re-installed, no
    soap. Remote servers are very similar (concerning services/protocols loaded,
    ip settings, etc.)as the slow one is the upgrade to the one backing up correctly
    (go figure). What is confusing is that both servers used to reach about
    250MB/min. After searching, I haven't been able to determine that anything
    changed on the server that backs up slowly.
    Any help would be quite, uh, helpful. -K.Arthur

  2. Re: Remote agent slows remote backup.

    "Chris" wrote:

    >I have two remote servers, both on same 10/100 switch as backup server,

    running
    >8.5 3571. When I start the remote agent on one of the servers, transfer
    >rate drops to 13MB/min. Stop the remote agent, transfer rate goes back

    >60-70MB/min. I have removed agent from remote server and re-installed, no
    >soap. Remote servers are very similar (concerning services/protocols loaded,
    >ip settings, etc.)as the slow one is the upgrade to the one backing up correctly
    >(go figure). What is confusing is that both servers used to reach about
    >250MB/min. After searching, I haven't been able to determine that anything
    >changed on the server that backs up slowly.
    >Any help would be quite, uh, helpful. -K.Arthur

    Well, it would appear that no one in the entire world has ever seen this
    problem but you, looser. Maybe you should just go back to Arcswerve 5.5
    BTW, your lame reference to Monty Python sucks, too.

  3. Re: Remote agent slows remote backup.

    On 22 Feb 2001 09:40:49 -0500, "No consequence"
    wrote:

    >Well, it would appear that no one in the entire world has ever seen this
    >problem but you, looser. Maybe you should just go back to Arcswerve 5.5
    >BTW, your lame reference to Monty Python sucks, too.

    Pls go trolling some where else

    fut off

  4. Re: Remote agent slows remote backup.

    Flemming Riis wrote:
    >On 22 Feb 2001 09:40:49 -0500, "No consequence"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Well, it would appear that no one in the entire world has ever seen this
    >>problem but you, looser. Maybe you should just go back to Arcswerve 5.5
    >>BTW, your lame reference to Monty Python sucks, too.

    >Pls go trolling some where else
    >
    >fut off

    Pretty sad that a flame gets a response far quicker (or at all, for that
    matter) than the actuall question does.

  5. Re: Remote agent slows remote backup.

    On 22 Feb 2001 10:13:23 -0500, "Chris" wrote:

    >Pretty sad that a flame gets a response far quicker (or at all, for that
    >matter) than the actuall question does.

    Its a free world last time i checked , people still can answer the
    post they feel to.

  6. Re: Remote agent slows remote backup.

    Flemming Riis wrote:
    >On 22 Feb 2001 10:13:23 -0500, "Chris" wrote:
    >
    >>Pretty sad that a flame gets a response far quicker (or at all, for that
    >>matter) than the actuall question does.

    >Its a free world last time i checked , people still can answer the
    >post they feel to.

    You make my point.

  7. Re: Remote agent slows remote backup.

    Real questions always get fewer and slower respones because first, not
    everyone will have the specific knowledge necessary and second even if some
    do, it takes much more time and effort because of the thought needed. It's
    just an unfortunate fact of life that trolls will always get a faster
    response.

    Charles Villa

    "Chris" wrote in message news:3a952c93@hronntp01....

    > Flemming Riis wrote:
    > >On 22 Feb 2001 09:40:49 -0500, "No consequence"
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>Well, it would appear that no one in the entire world has ever seen this
    > >>problem but you, looser. Maybe you should just go back to Arcswerve 5.5
    > >>BTW, your lame reference to Monty Python sucks, too.

    > >Pls go trolling some where else
    > >
    > >fut off

    > Pretty sad that a flame gets a response far quicker (or at all, for that
    > matter) than the actuall question does.

  8. Re: Remote agent slows remote backup.

    "No consequence" wrote:

    >"Chris" wrote:
    >>
    >>I have two remote servers, both on same 10/100 switch as backup server,

    >running
    >>8.5 3571. When I start the remote agent on one of the servers, transfer
    >>rate drops to 13MB/min. Stop the remote agent, transfer rate goes back

    >>60-70MB/min. I have removed agent from remote server and re-installed,

    no
    >>soap. Remote servers are very similar (concerning services/protocols loaded,
    >>ip settings, etc.)as the slow one is the upgrade to the one backing up

    correctly
    >>(go figure). What is confusing is that both servers used to reach about
    >>250MB/min. After searching, I haven't been able to determine that anything
    >>changed on the server that backs up slowly.
    >>Any help would be quite, uh, helpful. -K.Arthur

    >Well, it would appear that no one in the entire world has ever seen this
    >problem but you, looser. Maybe you should just go back to Arcswerve 5.5
    >BTW, your lame reference to Monty Python sucks, too.

    Well, I would have to agree with the jerk's response. Even though the jerk
    can't spell or act respectfully, he has a point. Remote agent, in fact, should
    speed-up throughput.

  9. Re: Remote agent slows remote backup.

    Check the speed and duplex settings of your network card(s) and switch(es).
    Make sure that the switch(es) and the slow server(s) are not set differently
    (especially on duplex). A reason the remote agent could be going slower is
    it will attempt to stream the data which may cause MANY collisions if the
    duplex settings are mismatched. After seeing that you once had 250MB/Min,
    duplex mismatch seems likely.

    "yuppie monkey" wrote:

    >"No consequence" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Chris" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I have two remote servers, both on same 10/100 switch as backup server,

    >>running
    >>>8.5 3571. When I start the remote agent on one of the servers, transfer
    >>>rate drops to 13MB/min. Stop the remote agent, transfer rate goes back

    >>>60-70MB/min. I have removed agent from remote server and re-installed,

    >no
    >>>soap. Remote servers are very similar (concerning services/protocols

    loaded,
    >>>ip settings, etc.)as the slow one is the upgrade to the one backing up

    >correctly
    >>>(go figure). What is confusing is that both servers used to reach about
    >>>250MB/min. After searching, I haven't been able to determine that anything
    >>>changed on the server that backs up slowly.
    >>>Any help would be quite, uh, helpful. -K.Arthur

    >>Well, it would appear that no one in the entire world has ever seen this
    >>problem but you, looser. Maybe you should just go back to Arcswerve 5.5
    >>BTW, your lame reference to Monty Python sucks, too.
    >>

    >Well, I would have to agree with the jerk's response. Even though the jerk
    >can't spell or act respectfully, he has a point. Remote agent, in fact,

    should
    >speed-up throughput.

+ Reply to Thread