Error 995 on Remote Agent on a SQL Server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error 995 on Remote Agent on a SQL Server - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I have a problem with BENT 8.5 during the backup of my SQL Server. SQL Server: NT4 US SP6a, SQL 7.0 SP2, Remote Agent, SQL Agent. Backup Server: NT4 US SP6a, SQL Tools (prerequired), Exchange tools (prerequired for backup ...

  1. Error 995 on Remote Agent on a SQL Server

    Hi,
    I have a problem with BENT 8.5 during the backup of my SQL Server.

    SQL Server: NT4 US SP6a, SQL 7.0 SP2, Remote Agent, SQL Agent.
    Backup Server: NT4 US SP6a, SQL Tools (prerequired), Exchange tools (prerequired
    for backup Exchange server).

    During a backup (not scheduled), or browsing on my SQL server using BENT
    interface, there is no problem.
    During a scheduled backup job, I have this error:
    The database server is not responding. Backup set aborted.

    Here are errors on my SQL Server (Event viewer):
    18210 :
    BackupMedium::ReportIoError: write failure on backup device 'BackupExecSqlAgent_PRIMARY_00'.
    Operating system error 995(The I/O operation has been aborted because of
    either a thread exit or an application request.).

    18210 :
    BackupVirtualDeviceFile::RequestDurableMedia: Flush failure on backup device
    'BackupExecSqlAgent_PRIMARY_00'. Operating system error 995(The I/O operation
    has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.).

    An error occurred while executing the following query: "select * from master..sysdatabases
    order by name".
    OS error message: "".
    DBLIB error message: "General SQL Server error: Check messages from the
    SQL Server.".
    Server error message: "Write on 'BackupExecSqlAgent_PRIMARY_00' failed,
    status = 995. See the SQL Server error log for more details.".

    An error occurred while executing the following query: "select * from master..sysdatabases
    order by name".
    OS error message: "ConnectionTransact (TransactNamedPipe()).".
    DBLIB error message: "Possible network error: Write to SQL Server Failed.
    Connection is busy.".
    Server error message: "Write on 'BackupExecSqlAgent_PRIMARY_00' failed,
    status = 995. See the SQL Server error log for more details.".

    An error occurred while executing the following query: "select * from master..sysdatabases
    order by name".
    OS error message: "".
    DBLIB error message: "DBPROCESS is dead or not enabled.".
    Server error message: "Write on 'BackupExecSqlAgent_PRIMARY_00' failed,
    status = 995. See the SQL Server error log for more details.".

    Do you have any idea ?

    Thanks for your help !

  2. Re: Error 995 on Remote Agent on a SQL Server

    Since it works interactively, but not as a scheduled job, try

    stop the BENT services
    delete BEWINUI.UIN from the \NT directory
    restart the BENT services

    You'll need to re-enter all userid/password info for all connections

    Cedric MARSOT wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have a problem with BENT 8.5 during the backup of my SQL Server.
    >
    > SQL Server: NT4 US SP6a, SQL 7.0 SP2, Remote Agent, SQL Agent.
    > Backup Server: NT4 US SP6a, SQL Tools (prerequired), Exchange tools (prerequired
    > for backup Exchange server).
    >
    > During a backup (not scheduled), or browsing on my SQL server using BENT
    > interface, there is no problem.
    > During a scheduled backup job, I have this error:
    > The database server is not responding. Backup set aborted.
    >
    > Here are errors on my SQL Server (Event viewer):
    > 18210 :
    > BackupMedium::ReportIoError: write failure on backup device 'BackupExecSqlAgent_PRIMARY_00'.
    > Operating system error 995(The I/O operation has been aborted because of
    > either a thread exit or an application request.).
    >
    > 18210 :
    > BackupVirtualDeviceFile::RequestDurableMedia: Flush failure on backup device
    > 'BackupExecSqlAgent_PRIMARY_00'. Operating system error 995(The I/O operation
    > has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.).
    >
    > An error occurred while executing the following query: "select * from master..sysdatabases
    > order by name".
    > OS error message: "".
    > DBLIB error message: "General SQL Server error: Check messages from the
    > SQL Server.".
    > Server error message: "Write on 'BackupExecSqlAgent_PRIMARY_00' failed,
    > status = 995. See the SQL Server error log for more details.".
    >
    > An error occurred while executing the following query: "select * from master..sysdatabases
    > order by name".
    > OS error message: "ConnectionTransact (TransactNamedPipe()).".
    > DBLIB error message: "Possible network error: Write to SQL Server Failed.
    > Connection is busy.".
    > Server error message: "Write on 'BackupExecSqlAgent_PRIMARY_00' failed,
    > status = 995. See the SQL Server error log for more details.".
    >
    > An error occurred while executing the following query: "select * from master..sysdatabases
    > order by name".
    > OS error message: "".
    > DBLIB error message: "DBPROCESS is dead or not enabled.".
    > Server error message: "Write on 'BackupExecSqlAgent_PRIMARY_00' failed,
    > status = 995. See the SQL Server error log for more details.".
    >
    > Do you have any idea ?
    >
    > Thanks for your help !

  3. Re: Error 995 on Remote Agent on a SQL Server

    Ok, I have deleted BEWINUI.UIN in the \NT\Datas Directory.
    REstarted all services ...
    I have been asked only the mailbox in my exchange directory.

    I will see tonight !

    Thanks ! Some news tomorrow !

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Since it works interactively, but not as a scheduled job, try
    >
    >stop the BENT services
    >delete BEWINUI.UIN from the \NT directory
    >restart the BENT services
    >
    >You'll need to re-enter all userid/password info for all connections
    >

    >Cedric MARSOT wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >> I have a problem with BENT 8.5 during the backup of my SQL Server.
    >>
    >> SQL Server: NT4 US SP6a, SQL 7.0 SP2, Remote Agent, SQL Agent.
    >> Backup Server: NT4 US SP6a, SQL Tools (prerequired), Exchange tools (prerequired
    >> for backup Exchange server).
    >>
    >> During a backup (not scheduled), or browsing on my SQL server using BENT
    >> interface, there is no problem.
    >> During a scheduled backup job, I have this error:
    >> The database server is not responding. Backup set aborted.
    >>
    >> Here are errors on my SQL Server (Event viewer):
    >> 18210 :
    >> BackupMedium::ReportIoError: write failure on backup device 'BackupExecSqlAgent_PRIMARY_00'.
    >> Operating system error 995(The I/O operation has been aborted because

    of
    >> either a thread exit or an application request.).
    >>
    >> 18210 :
    >> BackupVirtualDeviceFile::RequestDurableMedia: Flush failure on backup

    device
    >> 'BackupExecSqlAgent_PRIMARY_00'. Operating system error 995(The I/O operation
    >> has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.).
    >>
    >> An error occurred while executing the following query: "select * from

    master..sysdatabases
    >> order by name".
    >> OS error message: "".
    >> DBLIB error message: "General SQL Server error: Check messages from the
    >> SQL Server.".
    >> Server error message: "Write on 'BackupExecSqlAgent_PRIMARY_00' failed,
    >> status = 995. See the SQL Server error log for more details.".
    >>
    >> An error occurred while executing the following query: "select * from

    master..sysdatabases
    >> order by name".
    >> OS error message: "ConnectionTransact (TransactNamedPipe()).".
    >> DBLIB error message: "Possible network error: Write to SQL Server Failed.
    >> Connection is busy.".
    >> Server error message: "Write on 'BackupExecSqlAgent_PRIMARY_00' failed,
    >> status = 995. See the SQL Server error log for more details.".
    >>
    >> An error occurred while executing the following query: "select * from

    master..sysdatabases
    >> order by name".
    >> OS error message: "".
    >> DBLIB error message: "DBPROCESS is dead or not enabled.".
    >> Server error message: "Write on 'BackupExecSqlAgent_PRIMARY_00' failed,
    >> status = 995. See the SQL Server error log for more details.".
    >>
    >> Do you have any idea ?
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help !

  4. Re: Error 995 on Remote Agent on a SQL Server

    It is still the same ... I don't understand what's happening !

+ Reply to Thread