Media handling difference 7.3->8.5 ??? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Media handling difference 7.3->8.5 ??? - Veritas Backup Exec ; As an add-on to my post concerning 'Media confusion' I have the following questions: Is the bug I point out in 'Media confusion' fixed in BENT 8.5? As such is the move to 8.5 worth the upgrade cost? I am ...

  1. Media handling difference 7.3->8.5 ???

    As an add-on to my post concerning 'Media confusion' I have the
    following questions:

    Is the bug I point out in 'Media confusion' fixed in BENT 8.5?
    As such is the move to 8.5 worth the upgrade cost?

    I am planning on upgrading my system to W2000 and I have heard that
    BENT 7.3 cannot be used then, I have to go to 8.5 (or another
    product...)

    Any advice here?

    Bo Berglund
    bo.berglund@telia.com

  2. Re: Media handling difference 7.3->8.5 ???

    I don't have much to say about the tape selection (I haven't run into the
    wrong tape problem often enough to recall what happens).

    For Win2000, the buzz says version 8.x is required to get the systems state.
    Also, BENT must run on a W2000 system to get system sate on remote w2000
    boxes.

    Charles Villa

    Bo Berglund wrote in message
    > As an add-on to my post concerning 'Media confusion' I have the
    > following questions:
    >
    > Is the bug I point out in 'Media confusion' fixed in BENT 8.5?
    > As such is the move to 8.5 worth the upgrade cost?
    >
    > I am planning on upgrading my system to W2000 and I have heard that
    > BENT 7.3 cannot be used then, I have to go to 8.5 (or another
    > product...)
    >
    > Any advice here?
    >

    > Bo Berglund
    > bo.berglund@telia.com