Installing 8.5 agents - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Installing 8.5 agents - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am trying to install the Exchange and SQL agents from a workstation to the appropriate servers. I selec the "Install on Remote Computers" ooption and I get to the part asking for serial numbers, enter the serial numbers and ...

  1. Installing 8.5 agents

    I am trying to install the Exchange and SQL agents from a workstation to the
    appropriate servers. I selec the "Install on Remote Computers" ooption and
    I get to the part asking for serial numbers, enter the serial numbers and
    then hit next. Then, it only gives me the option to install the Agent
    Accelerator on the server, not the other agents? What am I doing wrong?
    How do I install only the Exchange and SQL agents?

    Thanks.

    Rob

  2. Re: Installing 8.5 agents

    The Exchange and SQL agent's serial numbers allow you to do these types of
    backups. Go into the BE gui and you should be able to select Exchange and
    SQL options for backup. Alex

    "Rob Naidich" wrote in message
    > I am trying to install the Exchange and SQL agents from a workstation to

    the
    > appropriate servers. I selec the "Install on Remote Computers" ooption

    and
    > I get to the part asking for serial numbers, enter the serial numbers and
    > then hit next. Then, it only gives me the option to install the Agent
    > Accelerator on the server, not the other agents? What am I doing wrong?
    > How do I install only the Exchange and SQL agents?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Rob

  3. Re: Installing 8.5 agents

    I can see the Exchange Organization or the SQL Server on the remote
    computer... ??? Any ideas?

    Rob

    "Alex Moore" wrote in message
    > The Exchange and SQL agent's serial numbers allow you to do these types of
    > backups. Go into the BE gui and you should be able to select Exchange and
    > SQL options for backup. Alex
    >
    > "Rob Naidich" wrote in message
    > > I am trying to install the Exchange and SQL agents from a workstation to

    > the
    > > appropriate servers. I selec the "Install on Remote Computers" ooption

    > and
    > > I get to the part asking for serial numbers, enter the serial numbers

    and
    > > then hit next. Then, it only gives me the option to install the Agent
    > > Accelerator on the server, not the other agents? What am I doing wrong?
    > > How do I install only the Exchange and SQL agents?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > Rob

  4. Re: Installing 8.5 agents

    If you can see them, what is the question? Alex

    "Rob Naidich" wrote in message news:3a627391$1@hronntp01....
    > I can see the Exchange Organization or the SQL Server on the remote
    > computer... ??? Any ideas?
    >
    > Rob
    >

    > "Alex Moore" wrote in message
    > > The Exchange and SQL agent's serial numbers allow you to do these types

    of
    > > backups. Go into the BE gui and you should be able to select Exchange

    and
    > > SQL options for backup. Alex
    > >
    > > "Rob Naidich" wrote in message
    > > > I am trying to install the Exchange and SQL agents from a workstation

    > > the
    > > > appropriate servers. I selec the "Install on Remote Computers"

    ooption
    > > and
    > > > I get to the part asking for serial numbers, enter the serial numbers

    > and
    > > > then hit next. Then, it only gives me the option to install the Agent
    > > > Accelerator on the server, not the other agents? What am I doing

    wrong?
    > > > How do I install only the Exchange and SQL agents?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks.
    > > >
    > > > Rob

  5. Re: Installing 8.5 agents

    Sorry, typo.... I can't see them....

    Rob

    > > I can see the Exchange Organization or the SQL Server on the remote
    > > computer... ??? Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Rob
    > >

    > > "Alex Moore" wrote in message
    > > > The Exchange and SQL agent's serial numbers allow you to do these

    types
    > of
    > > > backups. Go into the BE gui and you should be able to select Exchange

    > and
    > > > SQL options for backup. Alex
    > > >
    > > > "Rob Naidich" wrote in message

    workstation
    > > > the

    > ooption
    > > > and

    numbers
    > > and

    Agent

    > wrong?

  6. Re: Installing 8.5 agents

    In the BENT gui, check Help-About and verify that the serial numbers are
    listed. If not, there is an install problem. If so, then I would logon to
    the BENT server with the BE service account and check out the network
    connections to the remote servers.

    You have to setup the client connectivity components for SQL on the BENT
    server. I also install the admin tools, so that I can check things out.
    For SQL, start Query Analyzer and get a trusted connection to SQL Server
    (preferred) or a connection using Standard Security, whichever is
    appropriate. For Exchange, I cannot help. Alex

    > Sorry, typo.... I can't see them....
    >
    > Rob
    >

    > "Alex Moore" wrote in message
    > > If you can see them, what is the question? Alex
    > >
    > > "Rob Naidich" wrote in message

    > > > I can see the Exchange Organization or the SQL Server on the remote
    > > > computer... ??? Any ideas?
    > > >
    > > > Rob
    > > >

    > > > "Alex Moore" wrote in message

    > types