Any way to turn off tape ejection when 'Loading' - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Any way to turn off tape ejection when 'Loading' - Veritas Backup Exec ; I administer a site remotely and my arm isn't long enough to re-insert a tape if it gets ejected by BE. Is there any way to stop BE 7.3 from ejecting a tape when it is unable to use it ...

  1. Any way to turn off tape ejection when 'Loading'

    I administer a site remotely and my arm isn't long enough to re-insert a
    tape if it gets ejected by BE. Is there any way to stop BE 7.3 from ejecting
    a tape when it is unable to use it because of overwrite protection, etc.?

    TIA

    davec

  2. Re: Any way to turn off tape ejection when 'Loading'

    My guess is no (but don't take this as gospel), because the only other
    option is to abort the job (since the wrong is in)

    Charles Villa

    David Cronshaw wrote in message
    > I administer a site remotely and my arm isn't long enough to re-insert a
    > tape if it gets ejected by BE. Is there any way to stop BE 7.3 from

    ejecting
    > a tape when it is unable to use it because of overwrite protection, etc.?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > davec

+ Reply to Thread