Directory ?xxxxxxxx?Common Views was not found, or could not be accessed. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Directory ?xxxxxxxx?Common Views was not found, or could not be accessed. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi all I've recently installed the additional BE option for Exchange and Open file. I am trying to back up MS Exchange Mailbox and is encountering access error "Directory ?xxxxxx, xxx?Common Views was not found, or could not be accessed. ...

  1. Directory ?xxxxxxxx?Common Views was not found, or could not be accessed.

    Hi all

    I've recently installed the additional BE option for Exchange and Open file.
    I am trying to back up MS Exchange Mailbox and is encountering access error

    "Directory ?xxxxxx, xxx?Common Views was not found, or could not be accessed.
    None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up."

    BE will happily backup Exchange DS & IS but failed when backing up Exchange
    Mailbox. The BE admin account has full administrative privilege.

    What's wrong here.

  2. Re: Directory ?xxxxxxxx?Common Views was not found, or could not be accessed.

    If you are already getting the IS & DS, you are set. Don't worry about the
    individual mailboxes, they are more trouble than they are worth.

    See:
    http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm (Why I don't like mailbox backup)
    http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/te...kupRestore.htm
    http://microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/disaster.htm
    http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxb.htm

    Charles Villa

  3. Re: Directory ?xxxxxxxx?Common Views was not found, or could not be accessed.

    "Charles Villa" wrote:
    >If you are already getting the IS & DS, you are set. Don't worry about

    the
    >individual mailboxes, they are more trouble than they are worth.
    >
    >See:
    >http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm (Why I don't like mailbox backup)
    >http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/te...kupRestore.htm
    >http://microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/disaster.htm
    >http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
    >http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxb.htm
    >
    >Charles Villa

    We are getting the same errors when we try to back up individual mailboxes.
    We have an Email profile set up for our Backup Exec Services account. It
    is set up to send messages to certain people on job failures and it does
    work. So we don't understand what isn't set up correctly for us to backup
    the mailboxes.

    I understand and agree with your stance on not backing up the mailboxes.
    We've used the same arguments to not do them. But we've had a lot of requests
    recently to be able to restore an individual message. I agree that the costs
    are too high but I need to give those figures to the powers that be and in
    order to do that I have to know how long the backup will take, how much tape
    it will use, etc.

    Can't you tell me what I might have set up incorrectly instead of lecturing
    me on the evils of doing it?

  4. Re: Directory ?xxxxxxxx?Common Views was not found, or could not be accessed.

  5. Re: Directory ?xxxxxxxx?Common Views was not found, or could not be accessed.

    "Charles Villa" wrote:
    >http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192259.htm
    >http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/231927.htm
    >http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/229917.htm
    >addons.pdf in BackupExec directory
    >--
    >Charles Villa
    >
    >http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm
    >Please keep discussions in the newsgroup.

    Thank you. Adding the Exchange Administrator and adding permissions to the
    recipients for the Service Account fixed our problem. Now I'll copy your
    information on why we shouldn't back the mailboxes into our Pro/Con's of
    doing this to discourage my boss from asking us to do this.

+ Reply to Thread