Servers in Backup Selection Greyed out - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Servers in Backup Selection Greyed out - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello All I have installed V8 Server Edition and unfortunently cannot select local and remote subnetted NT 4 Servers. I have installed Veritas V8 onto a NT 4 service pack 6a server. I have not purchased or installed any agent ...

  1. Servers in Backup Selection Greyed out

    Hello All
    I have installed V8 Server Edition and unfortunently cannot select local
    and remote subnetted NT 4 Servers. I have installed Veritas V8 onto a NT
    4 service pack 6a server. I have not purchased or installed any agent accelerators.
    Do I need to??
    Any assistance would be great
    Thank you

  2. Re: Servers in Backup Selection Greyed out

    Yes, as of V8.0 you must purchase and install a copy of the Remote Agent
    for each Remote Machine that you want to backup to meet Veriatas'
    licensing..
    (Though someone posted here on the forum that after installing one
    Agent, all the other servers on his network were "un-greyed".)

    Jesse Leal wrote:

    > Hello All
    > I have installed V8 Server Edition and unfortunently cannot select local
    > and remote subnetted NT 4 Servers. I have installed Veritas V8 onto a NT
    > 4 service pack 6a server. I have not purchased or installed any agent accelerators.
    > Do I need to??
    > Any assistance would be great
    > Thank you

+ Reply to Thread