2 administrators connected to the backup server? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on 2 administrators connected to the backup server? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, All of a sudden, when I start the backup exec program I am notified that: "There are 2 administrators connected to the [servername] backup server. Other administrators may be making changes." I've been running the backup exec program for ...

  1. 2 administrators connected to the backup server?

    Hello,

    All of a sudden, when I start the backup exec program I am notified that:

    "There are 2 administrators connected to the [servername] backup server.
    Other administrators may be making changes."

    I've been running the backup exec program for about 2 years now and haven't
    seen this message before so I am a bit worried. When I check the NT
    taskmanager to see what the backup exec program is doing I see these
    programs:

    benser.exe
    beserver.exe
    bengine.exe
    benetns.exe

    I suppose that these programs belong to Backup Exec. Do any of you out there
    have any idea whats going on? How do I get rid of the second administrator?

    --
    Med venlig hilsen

    Hanne D. Nielsen
    Systemadministrator
    Svendborg Handelsskole

    63 21 11 11
    63 21 11 40 (direkte)

    hn@svendhs.dk

  2. Re: 2 administrators connected to the backup server?

    I have seen this a few times when I start BE from one machine, say the
    backup server, and forget to logoff, and try to start BE later from my
    workstation. I would not be too concerned. It should mean that on another
    machine you will find a bkupexec.exe task running. Check the open files.
    Alex

    "Hanne D. Nielsen" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > All of a sudden, when I start the backup exec program I am notified that:
    >
    > "There are 2 administrators connected to the [servername] backup server.
    > Other administrators may be making changes."
    >
    > I've been running the backup exec program for about 2 years now and

    haven't
    > seen this message before so I am a bit worried. When I check the NT
    > taskmanager to see what the backup exec program is doing I see these
    > programs:
    >
    > benser.exe
    > beserver.exe
    > bengine.exe
    > benetns.exe
    >
    > I suppose that these programs belong to Backup Exec. Do any of you out

    there
    > have any idea whats going on? How do I get rid of the second

    administrator?

    > --
    > Med venlig hilsen
    >
    > Hanne D. Nielsen
    > Systemadministrator
    > Svendborg Handelsskole
    >
    > 63 21 11 11
    > 63 21 11 40 (direkte)
    >
    > hn@svendhs.dk

  3. Re: 2 administrators connected to the backup server?

    If this continues and you aren't accessing the BENT server from mumtiple
    machines (say from the local console and through RA from your desktop)
    just stop/start the BENT services. The warning should go away after
    that.

    "Hanne D. Nielsen" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > All of a sudden, when I start the backup exec program I am notified that:
    >
    > "There are 2 administrators connected to the [servername] backup server.
    > Other administrators may be making changes."
    >
    > I've been running the backup exec program for about 2 years now and haven't
    > seen this message before so I am a bit worried. When I check the NT
    > taskmanager to see what the backup exec program is doing I see these
    > programs:
    >
    > benser.exe
    > beserver.exe
    > bengine.exe
    > benetns.exe
    >
    > I suppose that these programs belong to Backup Exec. Do any of you out there
    > have any idea whats going on? How do I get rid of the second administrator?
    >
    > --
    > Med venlig hilsen
    >
    > Hanne D. Nielsen
    > Systemadministrator