Access denied while restoring NDS - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Access denied while restoring NDS - Veritas Backup Exec ; Our novell 4.11 server crashed. I am trying to restore but have problems. The restore was done using Backup exec 6.11. Now the restore is being done using backup exec 8.0. While restoring the NDS root or schema both give ...

  1. Access denied while restoring NDS

    Our novell 4.11 server crashed. I am trying to restore but have problems.
    The restore
    was done using Backup exec 6.11. Now the restore is being done using backup
    exec
    8.0. While restoring the NDS root or schema both give an error " Access denied
    to root
    directory /., SMS data stream error" Looking at backupexec knowlegde base
    , this error
    denotes that Long name space is not loaded on the server. In our case long
    name is
    loaded and I don't have any problems restoring the file system but as soon
    as I start to
    restore the scema or root, I get the error. I tried backing up the current
    server and
    restroing the root & schema and it runs fine .Could any one please help as
    to what I could
    be doing wrong. The new server is installed with the same name as earlier,
    has same
    internal & external network number and same volume space. Please help

    Thanks

  2. Re: Access denied while restoring NDS

    I am getting the exact same thing on a Novell 5.0 sp6a installed. Did you
    find a fix for this as of yet?

    "Vermas" wrote:

    >Our novell 4.11 server crashed. I am trying to restore but have problems.
    >The restore
    >was done using Backup exec 6.11. Now the restore is being done using backup
    >exec
    >8.0. While restoring the NDS root or schema both give an error " Access

    denied
    >to root
    >directory /., SMS data stream error" Looking at backupexec knowlegde base
    >, this error
    >denotes that Long name space is not loaded on the server. In our case long
    >name is
    >loaded and I don't have any problems restoring the file system but as soon
    >as I start to
    >restore the scema or root, I get the error. I tried backing up the current
    >server and
    >restroing the root & schema and it runs fine .Could any one please help

    as
    >to what I could
    >be doing wrong. The new server is installed with the same name as earlier,
    >has same
    >internal & external network number and same volume space. Please help
    >
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread