SQL Files being skipped - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SQL Files being skipped - Veritas Backup Exec ; All, I have BENT8.5 with the SQL agent. When I look at the logs I see entries like the following: Unable to open the item \MSSQL7\Data\master.mdf - skipped. Unable to open the item \MSSQL7\Data\mastlog.ldf - skipped. Unable to open the ...

  1. SQL Files being skipped

    All,

    I have BENT8.5 with the SQL agent. When I look at the logs I see entries
    like the following:

    Unable to open the item \MSSQL7\Data\master.mdf - skipped.
    Unable to open the item \MSSQL7\Data\mastlog.ldf - skipped.
    Unable to open the item \MSSQL7\Data\model.mdf - skipped.
    Unable to open the item \MSSQL7\Data\modellog.ldf - skipped.

    I'm sure the above files are not being backed up due to the fact that SQL is
    locking them up.
    Question: Do I need the Open File Option installed in order to sucessfully
    backup SQL, or is there another solution/configuration I am missing?

    Thanks

    Brian

  2. Re: SQL Files being skipped

    You either need the SQL option or you need to stop all SQL services and
    backup the flat files.

    "Brian Caton" wrote in message
    > All,
    >
    > I have BENT8.5 with the SQL agent. When I look at the logs I see entries
    > like the following:
    >
    > Unable to open the item \MSSQL7\Data\master.mdf - skipped.
    > Unable to open the item \MSSQL7\Data\mastlog.ldf - skipped.
    > Unable to open the item \MSSQL7\Data\model.mdf - skipped.
    > Unable to open the item \MSSQL7\Data\modellog.ldf - skipped.
    >
    > I'm sure the above files are not being backed up due to the fact that SQL

    is
    > locking them up.
    > Question: Do I need the Open File Option installed in order to

    sucessfully
    > backup SQL, or is there another solution/configuration I am missing?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Brian

+ Reply to Thread