Why I can not see anything from restore tab? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Why I can not see anything from restore tab? - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have many backup servers running Backup Exec 8.0. I updated one to 8.5. But from remote terminal( also run V8.5), I can only see the index in Restore Tab for the server with v8.5. All servers with v8.0 have ...

  1. Why I can not see anything from restore tab?

    We have many backup servers running Backup Exec 8.0. I updated one to 8.5.
    But from remote terminal( also run V8.5), I can only see the index in Restore
    Tab for the server with v8.5. All servers with v8.0 have no any information
    in Restore Tab.
    But I think high version should support low version. I means I should have
    no problem using v8.5 to work with v8.0.

    Can I keep two version v8.0 and v8.5 in the same network at same time?

  2. Re: Why I can not see anything from restore tab?

    Yes, Veritas says that V8.5 is backward compatible with V8.0

    may not apply, but see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191382.htm

    Ted Meng wrote:

    > We have many backup servers running Backup Exec 8.0. I updated one to 8.5.
    > But from remote terminal( also run V8.5), I can only see the index in Restore
    > Tab for the server with v8.5. All servers with v8.0 have no any information
    > in Restore Tab.
    > But I think high version should support low version. I means I should have
    > no problem using v8.5 to work with v8.0.
    >
    > Can I keep two version v8.0 and v8.5 in the same network at same time?

+ Reply to Thread