Out of Space on Current Drive - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Out of Space on Current Drive - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a HP sure store t20. I am running without compression. I am out of space. Should I get another drive and have two or just get one big enough for everything. The drive I am looking at that ...

  1. Out of Space on Current Drive

    I have a HP sure store t20. I am running without compression. I am out of
    space. Should I get another drive and have two or just get one big enough
    for everything. The drive I am looking at that can handle everything is
    the hp dlt80e.

    Thanks Jim

  2. Re: Out of Space on Current Drive

    I'd get another similar to the first -

    If you get a second drive, you can run concurrent backups to each, thus
    cutting your window in half.
    Or with two, you could set up a "Cascading Drive Pool" and have the job
    roll to the second drive when the first fills up.

    And you'll have one drive available when (not if) the other dies.

    James Brouse wrote:

    > I have a HP sure store t20. I am running without compression. I am out of
    > space. Should I get another drive and have two or just get one big enough
    > for everything. The drive I am looking at that can handle everything is
    > the hp dlt80e.
    >
    > Thanks Jim

  3. Re: Out of Space on Current Drive

    I also use idr Intelligent disaster recovery, how would that work with 2 tapes.
    I am not sure but I see two tapes really confusing everything in the event
    of restore? What do you think?

    Thanks Jim

  4. Re: Out of Space on Current Drive

    Don't use IDR myself. Sorry

    James Brosue wrote:

    > I also use idr Intelligent disaster recovery, how would that work with 2 tapes.
    > I am not sure but I see two tapes really confusing everything in the event
    > of restore? What do you think?
    >
    > Thanks Jim

+ Reply to Thread