Exchange SErver keeps hanging - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange SErver keeps hanging - Veritas Backup Exec ; The file name is OTM1D4.tmp and it is around 512MB big. Then the server hanged (cannot move mouse, KB etc)....

  1. Exchange SErver keeps hanging

    The file name is OTM1D4.tmp and it is around 512MB big. Then the server hanged
    (cannot move mouse, KB etc).

  2. Re: Exchange SErver keeps hanging

    We need more details to try and help you. What version and build of BENT
    are you using, what versions and service packs of the OS and Exchange server
    are you using? Are the BENT server and Exhcange server on the same computer
    or different computers? What exactly are you backing up at the time? Is
    there a log file available?

    You can never have too much information.

    Charles Villa

    "Ken Lim" wrote in message

    > The file name is OTM1D4.tmp and it is around 512MB big. Then the server

    hanged
    > (cannot move mouse, KB etc).

  3. Re: Exchange SErver keeps hanging

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't OTM*.tmpo file Open file Option
    files?

    You should exclude the exchange directories from OFO. Flat File backups
    (even OFO ones) of any database, SQL/Exchange/Oracle etc are pretty much
    useless.

    You need to rely on the Online backups taken through the Exchange
    Module, or else shut down the Exchange services (usually not an option)

    Ken Lim wrote:

    > The file name is OTM1D4.tmp and it is around 512MB big. Then the server hanged
    > (cannot move mouse, KB etc).

+ Reply to Thread