failed to backup mailboxes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on failed to backup mailboxes - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I need help setting up backup exec so that I can backup multiple mailboxes. I have NT4, sp6a, backup exec 8.5 and agent for exchange server installed on a pc with the backup device attached to it. I was ...

  1. failed to backup mailboxes

    Hi,

    I need help setting up backup exec so that I can backup multiple mailboxes.
    I have NT4, sp6a, backup exec 8.5 and agent for exchange server installed
    on a pc with the backup device attached to it.

    I was able to backup individual mailboxes, but not multiple mailboxes at
    one time. I have follow instructions in the administrator guide (backup
    exec), but I just can't seem to get it working.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Diana

  2. Re: failed to backup mailboxes

    My suggestion is to not waste your time with the individual mailbox backup.
    The brick-level (individual mailbox) backup is not robust enough for
    distater recovery. To get the full mail server backup, get the Information
    Store and the Directory. For the full discussion against brick-level
    backups, please look at my message dated 11/13/00 15:15 (EST) 'Re: restore
    PVL.MDB'.

    Also, please use the following resources:

    http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/te...kupRestore.htm

    Charles Villa

+ Reply to Thread