Backup 2000 from NT4? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup 2000 from NT4? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have been told that when running Backup Exec on Windows NT 4 and backing up a Windows 2000 box via the agent accelerator that the restore will not work because the backup server is running NT4. Is this correct?...

  1. Backup 2000 from NT4?

    I have been told that when running Backup Exec on Windows NT 4 and backing
    up a Windows 2000 box via the agent accelerator that the restore will not
    work because the backup server is running NT4. Is this correct?

  2. Re: Backup 2000 from NT4?

    It technically says that you can't "fully" protect a Win2k machine from an
    NT4 backup server. I have backed up Win2k workstations from NT4 using BENT
    8.0 build 3316. I'm not interested in a full restore, just a file here and
    there that may get messed up or accidentally deleted. When I try to restore
    to the Win2k machine I get a message that says the restore failed. If I try
    to redirect the file and restore it to a local directory on the NT4 server I
    also get a message that the restore failed. Both times the message says
    something about "access denied", it has been a few weeks since the last time
    I did this. However, even though I received the error message, the file WAS
    restored in both instances.

    Wayne Morgan

+ Reply to Thread