I have a compaq tl891 running through fibre channel. One box is the admin
box as the main backup server. I have 5 other servers running through the
fibre as clients all have backup installed.
My issue is I named a media set for each computer and assigned which tape
belongs to that media set. there is also a 6th computer on the fiber that
does not talk to the admin box due to a firewall issue. the 6th box cant see
the other computers.so i assigned a media set for that server say tape #9.
the others don't include tape 9. the first day all went well. the next day
the backup job from the 6th computed grabed any tape it wanted, even though
no other taoe was asignsned to the media sets.
I need to know what is the trick to made the jobs use the tapes I want them
to.