Setup is already running. Unable to initialize another instance of setup. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Setup is already running. Unable to initialize another instance of setup. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I get the following error when trying to run the setup for BackupExec 8.0 in Win98 SE: Setup is already running. Unable to initialize another instance of setup. I'm trying to install the remore administration on my workstation but keep ...

  1. Setup is already running. Unable to initialize another instance of setup.

    I get the following error when trying to run the setup for
    BackupExec 8.0 in Win98 SE:

    Setup is already running. Unable to initialize another instance
    of setup.

    I'm trying to install the remore administration on my workstation
    but keep getting this error. I've tried rebooting incase there
    was something loaded in memory that was causing the problem and
    that didn't help. I also tried to disable my virus software just
    incase and that didn't help either.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Marc Seguin

  2. Re: Setup is already running. Unable to initialize another instance ofsetup.

    BENT won't run on Win9x machines. All you can install on them is
    ExecView

    Marc Seguin wrote:

    > I get the following error when trying to run the setup for
    > BackupExec 8.0 in Win98 SE:
    >
    > Setup is already running. Unable to initialize another instance
    > of setup.
    >
    > I'm trying to install the remore administration on my workstation
    > but keep getting this error. I've tried rebooting incase there
    > was something loaded in memory that was causing the problem and
    > that didn't help. I also tried to disable my virus software just
    > incase and that didn't help either.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Marc Seguin

+ Reply to Thread