Error writing SMS data stream - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error writing SMS data stream - Veritas Backup Exec ; Having this error message when restoring to SYS volume on Netware5 sp5 server from BE8.0 for NT. Performance then drops to a crawl. I have no preblems restoring to NSS volumes though. Anyone seen this lately. Dan...

  1. Error writing SMS data stream

    Having this error message when restoring to SYS volume on Netware5 sp5
    server from BE8.0 for NT.

    Performance then drops to a crawl. I have no preblems restoring to NSS
    volumes though.

    Anyone seen this lately.

    Dan

  2. Re: Error writing SMS data stream

    "Daniel Pittet" wrote:
    >Having this error message when restoring to SYS volume on Netware5 sp5
    >server from BE8.0 for NT.
    >
    >Performance then drops to a crawl. I have no preblems restoring to NSS
    >volumes though.
    >
    >Anyone seen this lately.
    >
    >Dan

    Hi Dan,

    I am also having the same problem restoring from BENT 8.5 (build 3572).

    Have you found a solution to this?

    Also, you mentioned that restoring to an NSS volume worked. Did you get
    any error messages. When I restore to an NSS volume on our test server,
    the following message appears for every directory:

    For example:

    "The program cannot set directory characteristics for DATA:batch"

    Tech support suggests that this is a rights issue.

    I would be interested to hear what rights the account you are using
    for restoring has. As far as I can tell, the following needs to be
    done:

    1. The user must be explicitly assigned all object and property
    rights as a trustee of the root and servers objects.
    2. Set bindery context to the context that the user is in (if
    bindery emulation is required).

    Thanks.

    Kenneth Wong
    Commerce, UBC