Cannot restore backup item - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cannot restore backup item - Veritas Backup Exec ; Data are backup to external media which is successful, however when I wanted to restore it back to the local drive it won't work. The BENT cannot detect the media for me to select files to restore. The program prompt ...

  1. Cannot restore backup item

    Data are backup to external media which is successful, however when I wanted
    to restore it back to the local drive it won't work. The BENT cannot detect
    the media for me to select files to restore. The program prompt something
    about cataloging the media for restore.. how am I suppose to go about it
    and may I know exactly the step of cataloging the media for backup and restoring.
    Thank you.

  2. Re: Cannot restore backup item

    "Kim" wrote in message news:39e3d67e$1@hronntp01....

    > Data are backup to external media which is successful, however when I

    wanted
    > to restore it back to the local drive it won't work. The BENT cannot

    detect
    > the media for me to select files to restore. The program prompt something
    > about cataloging the media for restore.. how am I suppose to go about it
    > and may I know exactly the step of cataloging the media for backup and

    restoring.
    > Thank you.

    Go to the Media tab, then choose Inventory followed by Catalog.

    Richard.

+ Reply to Thread