Accelerator Agent not present Vs 7.3 **HELP** - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Accelerator Agent not present Vs 7.3 **HELP** - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have BackUp Exec Version 7.3 installed on a NT4.0 Server. I have automatic backups scheduled for the server drives and six workstation drives. Two of the workstations use Win98SE and use the Accellerator Agent installed on each of them. ...

  1. Accelerator Agent not present Vs 7.3 **HELP**

    I have BackUp Exec Version 7.3 installed on a NT4.0 Server. I have
    automatic backups scheduled for the server drives and six workstation
    drives. Two of the workstations use Win98SE and use the Accellerator Agent
    installed on each of them. The other four workstations run NT 4.0. I
    assume the accelerator agent should be running while they backup. My
    understanding is that NTAA should be located on the server in a folder
    BENTAA. I can't find it anywhere. The backups give an error "accelerator
    agent not present, running standard backup". The overall backup job fails
    because of this. How do I get AA installed and running. I do not find it
    listed as a service. I re-installed 7.3 and noted it on the list to be
    installed. I checked after the install and it is still not there. How do I
    get it installed on the server?

  2. Re: Accelerator Agent not present Vs 7.3 **HELP**

    The job is not failing because of this, just running slower.

    To find the cause of the failed status look for a string of "^^^^" characters on
    the line below the cause.

    The NTAA install files are located in the I386\install\ntaa directory of your
    install media
    Or you can push install it by going to the serverm and from the BackupExec
    folder, select "Install options on other computers" and selecting the NTAA, then
    follow the prompts

    drandphyllis wrote:

    > I have BackUp Exec Version 7.3 installed on a NT4.0 Server. I have
    > automatic backups scheduled for the server drives and six workstation
    > drives. Two of the workstations use Win98SE and use the Accellerator Agent
    > installed on each of them. The other four workstations run NT 4.0. I
    > assume the accelerator agent should be running while they backup. My
    > understanding is that NTAA should be located on the server in a folder
    > BENTAA. I can't find it anywhere. The backups give an error "accelerator
    > agent not present, running standard backup". The overall backup job fails
    > because of this. How do I get AA installed and running. I do not find it
    > listed as a service. I re-installed 7.3 and noted it on the list to be
    > installed. I checked after the install and it is still not there. How do I
    > get it installed on the server?

+ Reply to Thread