Upgrade install of v8.0 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Upgrade install of v8.0 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I had a server that had 7.3, we upgraded to 8.0 Install wasn't a problem. THe server hardware failed and we need to install BE on a new 2000 server. Because we purchased an upgrade license, I never got new ...

  1. Upgrade install of v8.0

    I had a server that had 7.3, we upgraded to 8.0 Install wasn't a problem.
    THe server hardware failed and we need to install BE on a new 2000 server.
    Because we purchased an upgrade license, I never got new serial numbers.
    The upgrade handeled the serial numbers. I would normally just install 7.3
    on the server and then run the upgrade again, but I can't install 7.3 on
    the new server.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Upgrade install of v8.0

    Go to E-Mail support at
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/emai...BEWNT&crumb=on
    (URL may be wrapped)

    Give them your V7.3 install serial(s) and your V8 upgrade serial(s), and
    they'll send you back a V8 install serial(s).

    if you upgraded agents also, be sure to include those serials.

    Lori Hutson wrote:

    > I had a server that had 7.3, we upgraded to 8.0 Install wasn't a problem.
    > THe server hardware failed and we need to install BE on a new 2000 server.
    > Because we purchased an upgrade license, I never got new serial numbers.
    > The upgrade handeled the serial numbers. I would normally just install 7.3
    > on the server and then run the upgrade again, but I can't install 7.3 on
    > the new server.
    >
    > Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread