BENT 8.5 to manage 8.0 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENT 8.5 to manage 8.0 - Veritas Backup Exec ; My understanding was that the 8.5 client would be able to manage 8.0 servers. I can see everything except restore selections. Is there something wrong, or is it just that way......

  1. BENT 8.5 to manage 8.0

    My understanding was that the 8.5 client would be able to manage 8.0 servers.
    I can see everything except restore selections. Is there something wrong,
    or is it just that way...

  2. Re: BENT 8.5 to manage 8.0

    I don't know about V8 vs V8.5, but until now, the Remote Admin had to be
    the same Version and usually the same Build to manage a BENT server.

    Russell Humphreys wrote:

    > My understanding was that the 8.5 client would be able to manage 8.0 servers.
    > I can see everything except restore selections. Is there something wrong,
    > or is it just that way...

  3. Re: BENT 8.5 to manage 8.0

    Russel you are correct. What you will see will depend on what you are
    logging in/attaches as.
    Ken Putnam wrote in message
    > I don't know about V8 vs V8.5, but until now, the Remote Admin had to be
    > the same Version and usually the same Build to manage a BENT server.
    >
    > Russell Humphreys wrote:
    > >
    > > My understanding was that the 8.5 client would be able to manage 8.0

    servers.
    > > I can see everything except restore selections. Is there something

    wrong,
    > > or is it just that way...

+ Reply to Thread