Restoring data with backup exec 8.0 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restoring data with backup exec 8.0 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've installed backup exec 8.0 on a server running Win2k server w/ SP1 It appears to backup the domain, but when I try to perform a restore, the restore window is empty. I've tried different ways to catalog the dlt ...

  1. Restoring data with backup exec 8.0

    I've installed backup exec 8.0 on a server running Win2k server w/ SP1 It
    appears to backup the domain, but when I try to perform a restore, the restore
    window is empty. I've tried different ways to catalog the dlt tapes without
    any luck. Does anyone have an ideal.

  2. Re: Restoring data with backup exec 8.0

    IF your catalog index is corrupt, this can occur

    Try:

    Stop all BENT services
    delete BETOPCAT.IDX from the \Catalogs directory
    Restart BENT services.

    John van Meter wrote:

    > I've installed backup exec 8.0 on a server running Win2k server w/ SP1 It
    > appears to backup the domain, but when I try to perform a restore, the restore
    > window is empty. I've tried different ways to catalog the dlt tapes without
    > any luck. Does anyone have an ideal.

  3. Re: Restoring data with backup exec 8.0

    That's exactly the same problem I (and some others) have. Upgrading to 8.5
    didn't solve the problem and Veritas doesn't answer to my EMails. As a workaround
    install Remote Admin on a NT4 machine, You should see the restore selections
    from there.

    BTW: Do you have a foreign version of Win2K?

    Andreas

    "John van Meter" wrote:

    >I've installed backup exec 8.0 on a server running Win2k server w/ SP1 It
    >appears to backup the domain, but when I try to perform a restore, the restore
    >window is empty. I've tried different ways to catalog the dlt tapes without
    >any luck. Does anyone have an ideal.

  4. Re: Restoring data with backup exec 8.0

    Hi, i think we are having the same problem here..BENT just cannot detect the
    DLT catridge which is happening to you and me. Ken.. any solution here??
    very much needed... Thanks.

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >IF your catalog index is corrupt, this can occur
    >
    >Try:
    >
    >Stop all BENT services
    >delete BETOPCAT.IDX from the \Catalogs directory
    >Restart BENT services.
    >
    >John van Meter wrote:
    >>
    >> I've installed backup exec 8.0 on a server running Win2k server w/ SP1

    It
    >> appears to backup the domain, but when I try to perform a restore, the

    restore
    >> window is empty. I've tried different ways to catalog the dlt tapes without
    >> any luck. Does anyone have an ideal.

+ Reply to Thread