New Windows 2000 Server with Backup exec upgrade 8.0. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on New Windows 2000 Server with Backup exec upgrade 8.0. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a new install of Windows 2000 Server in a new Compaq server. I have a original 7.0 for NT that is idle. The problem is that the 8.0 on the install can't see the 7.0 for the licensing. ...

  1. New Windows 2000 Server with Backup exec upgrade 8.0.

    I have a new install of Windows 2000 Server in a new Compaq server. I have
    a original 7.0 for NT that is idle. The problem is that the 8.0 on the install
    can't see the 7.0 for the licensing. That as far as I can go. I can't install
    the 7.0 on the server, because it won't let you.

  2. Re: New Windows 2000 Server with Backup exec upgrade 8.0.

    Call Veritas with your 7.x serial numbers and 8.0 upgrade serial numbers and
    they will give you 8.0 real numbers.

    "Ken Zimmerman" wrote in message

    > I have a new install of Windows 2000 Server in a new Compaq server. I

    have
    > a original 7.0 for NT that is idle. The problem is that the 8.0 on the

    install
    > can't see the 7.0 for the licensing. That as far as I can go. I can't

    install
    > the 7.0 on the server, because it won't let you.

  3. Re: New Windows 2000 Server with Backup exec upgrade 8.0.

    On 5 Oct 2000 09:57:15 -0400, "Ken Zimmerman"
    wrote:

    >I have a new install of Windows 2000 Server in a new Compaq server. I have
    >a original 7.0 for NT that is idle.

    Call your local software pusher and purchase a upgrade to 8.0

+ Reply to Thread