Cannot pick up tape - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cannot pick up tape - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am using Backup exec v8.0 for Windows NT 4.0 and Dell Powervault 120T. I have differential Mon thru thur and full on friday. When the 5th tape is full, Backup exec cannot autoload the 6th tape to finish the ...

  1. Cannot pick up tape

    I am using Backup exec v8.0 for Windows NT 4.0 and Dell Powervault 120T. I
    have differential Mon thru thur and full on friday. When the 5th tape is
    full, Backup exec cannot autoload the 6th tape to finish the full backup.
    I have to do it manually.
    Any idea will be greatly appreciated.
    regards,
    Jose

  2. Re: Cannot pick up tape

    Partition the loader so that slots 5 & 6 are in a "Cascaded Drive Pool"

    Jose Dieudonne wrote:

    > I am using Backup exec v8.0 for Windows NT 4.0 and Dell Powervault 120T. I
    > have differential Mon thru thur and full on friday. When the 5th tape is
    > full, Backup exec cannot autoload the 6th tape to finish the full backup.
    > I have to do it manually.
    > Any idea will be greatly appreciated.
    > regards,
    > Jose