IDR and SBS 4.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on IDR and SBS 4.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've also posted this in the IDR NG, but the perspective here's a little different: I've just purchased IDR and will install it on an NT4/SP6a/SBS4.5 installation, BENT 7.3 multi-server w/exchange agent. No "how-to" docs came with the IDR package. ...

  1. IDR and SBS 4.5

    I've also posted this in the IDR NG, but the perspective here's a little
    different:

    I've just purchased IDR and will install it on an NT4/SP6a/SBS4.5
    installation, BENT 7.3 multi-server w/exchange agent. No "how-to" docs
    came with the IDR package. I checked the Veritas Knowledge Base and see
    there are some gotchas involved with IDR. I'm travelling, so I don't
    have access to my BENT manual. Is there IDR documentation there?
    Otherwise I have no clue how to use this. I assume I install it using
    the install/Options shortcut on the Start/Veritas menu, and then it
    seems there's a wizard, but somehow I believe I'm going to need to know
    more to use IDR successfully. What's a good source of IDR lore? Anybody
    with experience using IDR on SBS4.5? I have SCSI controllers whose
    drivers are not present on the NT boot CDs, so I have to F6/interrupt
    the install process to load them. Any tips on this. I see I also have to
    rename the WINNT.SIF file to WINNT.OLD for an SBS install. Anything else
    I need to know BEFORE I have to actually use IDR?

    GaryK

  2. Re: IDR and SBS 4.5

    Don't use IDR myself, but check the Online Help

    Find "IDR"
    Display "Installing IDR" and/or any of the other Topics as applicable
    for your setup.

    Gary Karasik wrote:

    > I've also posted this in the IDR NG, but the perspective here's a little
    > different:
    >
    > I've just purchased IDR and will install it on an NT4/SP6a/SBS4.5
    > installation, BENT 7.3 multi-server w/exchange agent. No "how-to" docs
    > came with the IDR package. I checked the Veritas Knowledge Base and see
    > there are some gotchas involved with IDR. I'm travelling, so I don't
    > have access to my BENT manual. Is there IDR documentation there?
    > Otherwise I have no clue how to use this. I assume I install it using
    > the install/Options shortcut on the Start/Veritas menu, and then it
    > seems there's a wizard, but somehow I believe I'm going to need to know
    > more to use IDR successfully. What's a good source of IDR lore? Anybody
    > with experience using IDR on SBS4.5? I have SCSI controllers whose
    > drivers are not present on the NT boot CDs, so I have to F6/interrupt
    > the install process to load them. Any tips on this. I see I also have to
    > rename the WINNT.SIF file to WINNT.OLD for an SBS install. Anything else
    > I need to know BEFORE I have to actually use IDR?
    >
    > GaryK

+ Reply to Thread