Remote server backup. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote server backup. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have three NT servers (V4), running Lotus Notes. I have purchased three copies of BackupExec NT Server V8.0, with three copies of Lotus Notes Agent and various shared storage options for the tape library I'm using. Basically what I ...

  1. Remote server backup.

    I have three NT servers (V4), running Lotus Notes.

    I have purchased three copies of BackupExec NT Server V8.0, with three copies
    of Lotus Notes Agent and various shared storage options for the tape library
    I'm using.

    Basically what I want to achieve is to schedule jobs from one of the three
    servers that will backup the Notes databases from all three servers.

    My problem is that whichever server I look at in regards to BackupExec, I
    cannot see the other two servers. So basically each server is isolated. I
    have installed and re-installed the Lotus agent an accelerator agent on all
    servers and the service loads (I can see it in services).

    I have contacted Veritas support this morning, and they have informed me
    that I now have to buy a separate licence for the accelerator agent on each
    server ! This goes against the installation instructions in the manual, has
    anybody else experienced this problem.

    Thanks in advance

    Jonathan

  2. Re: Remote server backup.

    If you want to backup other serverOS machines, with BENT V8 you need a
    copy of the NTAgent for each remote machine and if they are all Notes
    Servers, three copies of the Notes Agent

    the license for BENT is only installed on the server that has the backup
    devices attached. If somebody to told you something else, they were
    wrong.

    Jonathan Parker wrote:

    > I have three NT servers (V4), running Lotus Notes.
    >
    > I have purchased three copies of BackupExec NT Server V8.0, with three copies
    > of Lotus Notes Agent and various shared storage options for the tape library
    > I'm using.
    >
    > Basically what I want to achieve is to schedule jobs from one of the three
    > servers that will backup the Notes databases from all three servers.
    >
    > My problem is that whichever server I look at in regards to BackupExec, I
    > cannot see the other two servers. So basically each server is isolated. I
    > have installed and re-installed the Lotus agent an accelerator agent on all
    > servers and the service loads (I can see it in services).
    >
    > I have contacted Veritas support this morning, and they have informed me
    > that I now have to buy a separate licence for the accelerator agent on each
    > server ! This goes against the installation instructions in the manual, has
    > anybody else experienced this problem.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Jonathan

+ Reply to Thread