Media Rotation - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Media Rotation - Veritas Backup Exec ; We are currently running Backup Exec v8.0 on Windows NT 4.0 SP6a. We have a 21 day overwritable period on our tapes and was wondering if someone knew how to delete that. For example, when we use a tape on ...

  1. Media Rotation

    We are currently running Backup Exec v8.0 on Windows NT 4.0 SP6a. We have
    a 21 day overwritable period on our tapes and was wondering if someone knew
    how to delete that. For example, when we use a tape on one night, we cannot
    use that tape for another 21 days. Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,
    Jaime Herrington

  2. Re: Media Rotation

    To change the retention period, go to the Media Tab, select User Media
    Sets, righ click on the media set, select properties.

    Or you can just drag the tape from the media set to the scratch set, and
    BENT should grab it OK.

    Jaime Herrington wrote:

    > We are currently running Backup Exec v8.0 on Windows NT 4.0 SP6a. We have
    > a 21 day overwritable period on our tapes and was wondering if someone knew
    > how to delete that. For example, when we use a tape on one night, we cannot
    > use that tape for another 21 days. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Jaime Herrington

  3. Re: Media Rotation

    Thanks Ken for your help, this resolved the issue.

    Jaime

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >To change the retention period, go to the Media Tab, select User Media
    >Sets, righ click on the media set, select properties.
    >
    >Or you can just drag the tape from the media set to the scratch set, and
    >BENT should grab it OK.
    >
    >Jaime Herrington wrote:
    >>
    >> We are currently running Backup Exec v8.0 on Windows NT 4.0 SP6a. We

    have
    >> a 21 day overwritable period on our tapes and was wondering if someone

    knew
    >> how to delete that. For example, when we use a tape on one night, we

    cannot
    >> use that tape for another 21 days. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance,
    >> Jaime Herrington

+ Reply to Thread