Backup CPU-name ...minimal choice - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup CPU-name ...minimal choice - Veritas Backup Exec ; I want to Backup the Domaininfo and the Computerinfo so it will be right when I will restore it on the computer....think there is something in to backup in the root-catalog but I am not sure. So what I want ...

  1. Backup CPU-name ...minimal choice

    I want to Backup the Domaininfo and the Computerinfo so it will be right when
    I will restore it on the computer....think there is something in to backup
    in the root-catalog but I am not sure.
    So what I want is the Least amount to backup so I can restore it and the
    Cpu-name and the Domain-name will stay.
    Really nice if some can help me / Stefan

  2. Re: Backup CPU-name ...minimal choice

    Sounds like what you want is just the WINNT\System32\Config (basically
    the registry) To be safe, why not just select the complete %systemroot%
    directory?

    Stefan wrote:

    > I want to Backup the Domaininfo and the Computerinfo so it will be right when
    > I will restore it on the computer....think there is something in to backup
    > in the root-catalog but I am not sure.
    > So what I want is the Least amount to backup so I can restore it and the
    > Cpu-name and the Domain-name will stay.
    > Really nice if some can help me / Stefan

+ Reply to Thread