Remote Exec backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote Exec backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; I would want to know if the following could be done. We have 3 Sites, Each Site have NT 4.0 , Exchange 5.5 Server.All of the server have Local DAT Device Attached. We Plan to buy Backup Exec 8.0 , ...

  1. Remote Exec backup

    I would want to know if the following could be done.
    We have 3 Sites, Each Site have NT 4.0 , Exchange 5.5 Server.All of the
    server have Local DAT Device Attached. We Plan to buy Backup Exec 8.0 , IDR,
    Exchange and agent accelerator. We will install backup exec 8.0, IDR,
    Exchange option in one of the site. For the other 2 sites, we will install
    backup accelerator, wE would want to ask the remote 2 server to backup into
    their without install backup exec into this 2 servers. is it possible?

  2. Re: Remote Exec backup

    No, you need a copy of BENT installed on each machine that "owns" a
    backup device. The NTAgent mererly allows an installed copy of
    BackupExec to backup other ServerOS machines. You will need three
    copies of the Exchange Agent.

    John Tsui wrote:

    > I would want to know if the following could be done.
    > We have 3 Sites, Each Site have NT 4.0 , Exchange 5.5 Server.All of the
    > server have Local DAT Device Attached. We Plan to buy Backup Exec 8.0 , IDR,
    > Exchange and agent accelerator. We will install backup exec 8.0, IDR,
    > Exchange option in one of the site. For the other 2 sites, we will install
    > backup accelerator, wE would want to ask the remote 2 server to backup into
    > their without install backup exec into this 2 servers. is it possible?

+ Reply to Thread