HP Surestore 40i - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on HP Surestore 40i - Veritas Backup Exec ; Have Dell 2400 Poweredge server with WinNT 4.0 sp6 and SQL Server 7.0. The server has a HP SureStore 40i DLT tape drive. Running Veritas Backup Exec for NT/2000 and Agent for SQL Server. Backup jobs fail with msg: "Storage ...

  1. HP Surestore 40i

    Have Dell 2400 Poweredge server with WinNT 4.0 sp6 and SQL Server 7.0. The
    server has a HP SureStore 40i DLT tape drive. Running Veritas Backup Exec
    for NT/2000 and Agent for SQL Server.

    Backup jobs fail with msg:

    "Storage device "Quantum 1" reported an error on a request to write data
    to media"

    Error reported:
    The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

    I know that the tape drive is not on the Veritas HCList but the Surestore
    40e is.

    Any suggestions?

    John Wood

  2. Re: HP Surestore 40i

    Are you using Veritas drivers or HP drivers or MS DLT drivers?

    try changing to one of the others, preferably the HP drivers.

    John Wood wrote:

    > Have Dell 2400 Poweredge server with WinNT 4.0 sp6 and SQL Server 7.0. The
    > server has a HP SureStore 40i DLT tape drive. Running Veritas Backup Exec
    > for NT/2000 and Agent for SQL Server.
    >
    > Backup jobs fail with msg:
    >
    > "Storage device "Quantum 1" reported an error on a request to write data
    > to media"
    >
    > Error reported:
    > The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
    >
    > I know that the tape drive is not on the Veritas HCList but the Surestore
    > 40e is.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > John Wood

+ Reply to Thread