Backup Exec 7.3 Rev 2570 Microsoft Exchange Individual Mailbox Backup... - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec 7.3 Rev 2570 Microsoft Exchange Individual Mailbox Backup... - Veritas Backup Exec ; "All of a sudden" my mailboxes are taking 800% longer to backup. What could be that cause of this? Any help appreciated....

  1. Backup Exec 7.3 Rev 2570 Microsoft Exchange Individual Mailbox Backup...

    "All of a sudden" my mailboxes are taking 800% longer to backup. What could be that cause of this? Any help appreciated.

  2. Re: Backup Exec 7.3 Rev 2570 Microsoft Exchange Individual MailboxBackup...

    Is it only the mailbox backups or is the IS/DS slower too?
    What kind of throughput are you seeing now vs before?

    Daniel Melameth wrote:

    > "All of a sudden" my mailboxes are taking 800% longer to backup. What could be that cause of this? Any help appreciated.

  3. Re: Backup Exec 7.3 Rev 2570 Microsoft Exchange Individual Mailbox Backup...

    Only the mailboxes... using DLTs... 43.7MB versus 7.2 now.

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message news:39DA50C7.F8A3F89E@harte-hanks.com...
    > Is it only the mailbox backups or is the IS/DS slower too?
    > What kind of throughput are you seeing now vs before?
    >
    > Daniel Melameth wrote:
    > >
    > > "All of a sudden" my mailboxes are taking 800% longer to backup. What could be that cause of this? Any help appreciated.

  4. Re: Backup Exec 7.3 Rev 2570 Microsoft Exchange Individual MailboxBackup...

    And nothing else has changed?

    Hmmm

    Is this a local or network backup?

    Daniel Melameth wrote:

    > Only the mailboxes... using DLTs... 43.7MB versus 7.2 now.
    >
    > "Ken Putnam" wrote in message news:39DA50C7.F8A3F89E@harte-hanks.com...
    > > Is it only the mailbox backups or is the IS/DS slower too?
    > > What kind of throughput are you seeing now vs before?
    > >
    > > Daniel Melameth wrote:
    > > >
    > > > "All of a sudden" my mailboxes are taking 800% longer to backup. What could be that cause of this? Any help appreciated.

  5. Re: Backup Exec 7.3 Rev 2570 Microsoft Exchange Individual Mailbox Backup...

    "Hmmm" for me too... network... nothing else has changed :-/ .

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message news:39DB5558.77AACD61@harte-hanks.com...
    > And nothing else has changed?
    >
    > Hmmm
    >
    > Is this a local or network backup?
    >
    > Daniel Melameth wrote:
    > >
    > > Only the mailboxes... using DLTs... 43.7MB versus 7.2 now.
    > >
    > > "Ken Putnam" wrote in message news:39DA50C7.F8A3F89E@harte-hanks.com...
    > > > Is it only the mailbox backups or is the IS/DS slower too?
    > > > What kind of throughput are you seeing now vs before?

  6. Re: Backup Exec 7.3 Rev 2570 Microsoft Exchange Individual MailboxBackup...

    All that I can think of at this point is to check all your NICs and
    switch ports to verify that everyhing is hardset, not autonegotiate.

    Other than that, dunno

    Daniel Melameth wrote:

    > "Hmmm" for me too... network... nothing else has changed :-/ .
    >
    > "Ken Putnam" wrote in message news:39DB5558.77AACD61@harte-hanks.com...
    > > And nothing else has changed?
    > >
    > > Hmmm
    > >
    > > Is this a local or network backup?
    > >
    > > Daniel Melameth wrote:

  7. Re: Backup Exec 7.3 Rev 2570 Microsoft Exchange Individual Mailbox

    Exchange 5.5 is not immune to memory leaks--have you run perfmon on both the
    backup server and the exchange box? And have you considered upgrading the
    patch to 2575?

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >All that I can think of at this point is to check all your NICs and
    >switch ports to verify that everyhing is hardset, not autonegotiate.
    >
    >Other than that, dunno
    >
    >Daniel Melameth wrote:
    >>
    >> "Hmmm" for me too... network... nothing else has changed :-/ .
    >>
    >> "Ken Putnam" wrote in message news:39DB5558.77AACD61@harte-hanks.com...
    >> > And nothing else has changed?
    >> >
    >> > Hmmm
    >> >
    >> > Is this a local or network backup?

    What
    >could be that cause of this? Any help appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread