Hi,

I am running Backup Exec Version 8.0 Rev. 3314

I have seen posts where the message 'The Alert Server is not available' pops
up when you try to use TOOLS|NOTIFICATION SETUP.

I got the same message, and following the posts I gave my backup user rights
using DCOMCNFG.EXE. It did not fix the problem.

The Alert server Starts then stops. In Event Viewer I see the following error:

EVENT ID: 33507
SOURCE: Backup Exec
TYPE: Error
CATAGORY: None
registry.

Has any one seeen this before? How did you solve the problem?