Backup Agent Accelerator - HOW DO I GET RID OF IT - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Agent Accelerator - HOW DO I GET RID OF IT - Veritas Backup Exec ; Bit of a problem with a BackupExec install, mainly my own making but can't figure how to get out of it now. Installed BackupExec 8 build 3311 on NT 4 service pack 5 server (standalone) have two other servers I ...

  1. Backup Agent Accelerator - HOW DO I GET RID OF IT

    Bit of a problem with a BackupExec install, mainly my own making but can't
    figure how to get out of it now.

    Installed BackupExec 8 build 3311 on NT 4 service pack 5 server (standalone)
    have two other servers I wish to backup (BDC & PDC) When I installed I
    didn't realise Agent Accelerator needed a separate licence and asked for it
    to be installed on the other machines.

    Have removed it from other machines, have tried uninstall/reinstall of
    BackupExec - but everytime I try and backup the other two machines I get
    "licence violated" blah blah etc. Surely I don't have to rebuild the
    machines to get rid of this thing ???

    help

    Andy

  2. Re: Backup Agent Accelerator - HOW DO I GET RID OF IT

    With V8, a valid copy of the NTAgent is required to backup remote
    ServerOS machines. You'd best just bit the bullet and buy licenses and
    install them.

    Andy Roberts wrote:

    > Bit of a problem with a BackupExec install, mainly my own making but can't
    > figure how to get out of it now.
    >
    > Installed BackupExec 8 build 3311 on NT 4 service pack 5 server (standalone)
    > have two other servers I wish to backup (BDC & PDC) When I installed I
    > didn't realise Agent Accelerator needed a separate licence and asked for it
    > to be installed on the other machines.
    >
    > Have removed it from other machines, have tried uninstall/reinstall of
    > BackupExec - but everytime I try and backup the other two machines I get
    > "licence violated" blah blah etc. Surely I don't have to rebuild the
    > machines to get rid of this thing ???
    >
    > help
    >
    > Andy

  3. Re: Backup Agent Accelerator - HOW DO I GET RID OF IT

    That is really quite poor.

    Thanks for the answer I was just coming to that conclusion.

    Andy

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > With V8, a valid copy of the NTAgent is required to backup remote
    > ServerOS machines. You'd best just bit the bullet and buy licenses and
    > install them.
    >

    > Andy Roberts wrote:
    > >
    > > Bit of a problem with a BackupExec install, mainly my own making but

    can't
    > > figure how to get out of it now.
    > >
    > > Installed BackupExec 8 build 3311 on NT 4 service pack 5 server

    (standalone)
    > > have two other servers I wish to backup (BDC & PDC) When I installed I
    > > didn't realise Agent Accelerator needed a separate licence and asked for

    it
    > > to be installed on the other machines.
    > >
    > > Have removed it from other machines, have tried uninstall/reinstall of
    > > BackupExec - but everytime I try and backup the other two machines I get
    > > "licence violated" blah blah etc. Surely I don't have to rebuild the
    > > machines to get rid of this thing ???
    > >
    > > help
    > >
    > > Andy

+ Reply to Thread