Unable to Install BENT - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to Install BENT - Veritas Backup Exec ; I installed BENT v7.3 but could not access it. I am running NT 4.0 SP5, using an Archive Python tape drive and no autoloader. The Job Engine service fails to start with event id 7001. Then it event viewer states ...

  1. Unable to Install BENT

    I installed BENT v7.3 but could not access it. I am running NT 4.0 SP5,
    using an Archive Python tape drive and no autoloader. The Job Engine service
    fails to start with event id 7001. Then it event viewer states that the
    Job Engine service was terminated bacause the interface is not registered:
    Event ID 7023.
    When starting BENT, it states Physical Volume Library Database - connection
    has been lost. Then it states that the Application System Service is not
    responding. The Agent Browser and Job Engine are not started. When attempting
    to start the Job Engine it cannot start and returns error number 0341. This
    is a new install on our server. Thanks for your help.

    Jonathan Tinsley
    Network Administrator
    KXAN TV

  2. Re: Unable to Install BENT

    I think this can be solved from replacing the PVL.MDB with the same file off
    the CD. If you don't have the CD, I think this file can be downloaded from
    Veritas. If not, let me know and I'll send you a copy of mine.

    "Jonathan" wrote in message

    > I installed BENT v7.3 but could not access it. I am running NT 4.0 SP5,
    > using an Archive Python tape drive and no autoloader. The Job Engine

    service
    > fails to start with event id 7001. Then it event viewer states that the
    > Job Engine service was terminated bacause the interface is not registered:
    > Event ID 7023.
    > When starting BENT, it states Physical Volume Library Database -

    connection
    > has been lost. Then it states that the Application System Service is not
    > responding. The Agent Browser and Job Engine are not started. When

    attempting
    > to start the Job Engine it cannot start and returns error number 0341.

    This
    > is a new install on our server. Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Jonathan Tinsley
    > Network Administrator
    > KXAN TV

  3. Re: Unable to Install BENT

    I found a PVL.MDB on my hard drive but couldn;t find one on my server.
    Veritas tech support wrote me back and said to update my MDAC. I loaded
    version 2.1 SP1 to no avail. Hopefully, you can help with my PVL.MDB.

    Trying Everything,

    Jonathan

    "JT Clark" wrote in message
    > I think this can be solved from replacing the PVL.MDB with the same file

    off
    > the CD. If you don't have the CD, I think this file can be downloaded from
    > Veritas. If not, let me know and I'll send you a copy of mine.
    >
    > "Jonathan" wrote in message
    > >

    > > I installed BENT v7.3 but could not access it. I am running NT 4.0 SP5,
    > > using an Archive Python tape drive and no autoloader. The Job Engine

    > service
    > > fails to start with event id 7001. Then it event viewer states that the
    > > Job Engine service was terminated bacause the interface is not

    registered:
    > > Event ID 7023.
    > > When starting BENT, it states Physical Volume Library Database -

    > connection
    > > has been lost. Then it states that the Application System Service is

    not
    > > responding. The Agent Browser and Job Engine are not started. When

    > attempting
    > > to start the Job Engine it cannot start and returns error number 0341.

    > This
    > > is a new install on our server. Thanks for your help.
    > >
    > > Jonathan Tinsley
    > > Network Administrator
    > > KXAN TV

+ Reply to Thread