My Autoloader is all of a sudden offline this morning - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on My Autoloader is all of a sudden offline this morning - Veritas Backup Exec ; Autoloader offline - powered it off and on and still I can't get it back online. Any input? Thanks in advance...

  1. My Autoloader is all of a sudden offline this morning

    Autoloader offline - powered it off and on and still I can't get it back online.
    Any input?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: My Autoloader is all of a sudden offline this morning

    I may be able to help you since I've experienced the same problem a bouple
    of times. First, I need to know a couple of things: 1) Is your autoloader
    on a fibre SAN? 2)What appliances (i.e. hubs, controllers, etc) do you have
    between the autoloader and the primary backup server?
    -Andrew

    "john" wrote:

    >Autoloader offline - powered it off and on and still I can't get it back

    online.
    >Any input?
    >
    >Thanks in advance

  3. Re: My Autoloader is all of a sudden offline this morning

    I seem to have been able to bring them online in the Device Management tab
    by disabling the device for Backup Exec and then re-enabling it. I did this
    by right clicking on the device - configuration - then clicking the enabling
    box. Now everything looks like its online but when I go to run a job absolutely
    nothing happens. The job just goes into pending mode and when I abort it
    there is no error message. To anmswer your question, my autoloader is directly
    connected to my primary backup server. There is nothing between them.

    "Andrew Frisbie" wrote:

    >I may be able to help you since I've experienced the same problem a bouple
    >of times. First, I need to know a couple of things: 1) Is your autoloader
    >on a fibre SAN? 2)What appliances (i.e. hubs, controllers, etc) do you have
    >between the autoloader and the primary backup server?
    >-Andrew
    >
    >"john" wrote:
    >>
    >>Autoloader offline - powered it off and on and still I can't get it back

    >online.
    >>Any input?
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance

  4. Re: My Autoloader is all of a sudden offline this morning

    Oh yeah, my autoloader isn't on a fibre SAN

    "Andrew Frisbie" wrote:

    >I may be able to help you since I've experienced the same problem a bouple
    >of times. First, I need to know a couple of things: 1) Is your autoloader
    >on a fibre SAN? 2)What appliances (i.e. hubs, controllers, etc) do you have
    >between the autoloader and the primary backup server?
    >-Andrew
    >
    >"john" wrote:
    >>
    >>Autoloader offline - powered it off and on and still I can't get it back

    >online.
    >>Any input?
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance

  5. Re: My Autoloader is all of a sudden offline this morning

    I bet if you went to Control Panel-->SCSI Devices, you wouldn't see your Autoloader.
    If NT can't see the autoloader, backup exec will not. Try powering down
    your primary backup exec server, then your autoloader. Then power up your
    autoloader and let it initialize completely. Then power up your primary
    backup exec server and NT will re-initialize the SCSI information.
    -Andrew

    "john" wrote:

    >Oh yeah, my autoloader isn't on a fibre SAN
    >
    >"Andrew Frisbie" wrote:
    >>
    >>I may be able to help you since I've experienced the same problem a bouple
    >>of times. First, I need to know a couple of things: 1) Is your autoloader
    >>on a fibre SAN? 2)What appliances (i.e. hubs, controllers, etc) do you

    have
    >>between the autoloader and the primary backup server?
    >>-Andrew
    >>
    >>"john" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Autoloader offline - powered it off and on and still I can't get it back

    >>online.
    >>>Any input?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks in advance

  6. Re: My Autoloader is all of a sudden offline this morning

    Stop and start thed evice and media services on the server. I have seen this
    problem, and it corrected it for me.

    >Oh yeah, my autoloader isn't on a fibre SAN
    >
    >"Andrew Frisbie" wrote:
    >>
    >>I may be able to help you since I've experienced the same problem a bouple
    >>of times. First, I need to know a couple of things: 1) Is your autoloader
    >>on a fibre SAN? 2)What appliances (i.e. hubs, controllers, etc) do you

    have
    >>between the autoloader and the primary backup server?
    >>-Andrew
    >>
    >>"john" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Autoloader offline - powered it off and on and still I can't get it back

    >>online.
    >>>Any input?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread