BackupExec 8.5 Problems - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BackupExec 8.5 Problems - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi everyone, I'm using Win2K Server, SQL Server 2000, Exchange 2000 and Veritas Backup Exec v8.50, b3571, r11 running on one machine and SQL 7.0 running on other. The problem I have is that Backup Exec does not find any ...

  1. BackupExec 8.5 Problems

    Hi everyone,
    I'm using Win2K Server, SQL Server 2000, Exchange 2000 and Veritas Backup
    Exec v8.50, b3571, r11 running on one machine and SQL 7.0 running on other.
    The problem I have is that Backup Exec does not find any SQL Servers on the
    local machine, but can backup SQL on remote machines. It doesn't find the
    Information Store, but finds "Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes" and it can read
    them.
    Is this known bug in this version? I can not backup the information store or
    any of my SQL 2000 Databases, because veritas backup can't SEE them.
    Any ideas will be helpfull.

    Petko Stoyanov, MCP

  2. Re: BackupExec 8.5 Problems

    I think you will find that you can see and backup SQL Server 7.0 DB's on the
    Remote Servers NOT SQL 2000 DB's. The reason for this is you have upgraded
    your existing Installation with SQL 7.0 Agent Licence Codes. But according
    to some Posts I have read in this forum it appears you have to buy and
    install a NEW SQL 2000 Agent Licence Code to get the 'added in' SQL 2000
    functionality..

    I assume the same is true for Exchange 2000!

    Pls can someone correct me if I am wrong!

    Paul McMillan

    "news.support.veritas.com" wrote in message
    > Hi everyone,
    > I'm using Win2K Server, SQL Server 2000, Exchange 2000 and Veritas Backup
    > Exec v8.50, b3571, r11 running on one machine and SQL 7.0 running on

    other.
    > The problem I have is that Backup Exec does not find any SQL Servers on

    the
    > local machine, but can backup SQL on remote machines. It doesn't find the
    > Information Store, but finds "Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes" and it can

    read
    > them.
    > Is this known bug in this version? I can not backup the information store

    or
    > any of my SQL 2000 Databases, because veritas backup can't SEE them.
    > Any ideas will be helpfull.
    >
    > Petko Stoyanov, MCP

  3. Re: BackupExec 8.5 Problems

    This is correct. The support agents for SQL2K and Exchange2K are
    pay-to-upgrade. Previous licenses will not support these two.

    "Paul McMillan" wrote in message
    > I think you will find that you can see and backup SQL Server 7.0 DB's on

    the
    > Remote Servers NOT SQL 2000 DB's. The reason for this is you have upgraded
    > your existing Installation with SQL 7.0 Agent Licence Codes. But according
    > to some Posts I have read in this forum it appears you have to buy and
    > install a NEW SQL 2000 Agent Licence Code to get the 'added in' SQL 2000
    > functionality..
    >
    > I assume the same is true for Exchange 2000!
    >
    > Pls can someone correct me if I am wrong!
    >
    > Paul McMillan
    >

    > "news.support.veritas.com" wrote in message
    > > Hi everyone,
    > > I'm using Win2K Server, SQL Server 2000, Exchange 2000 and Veritas

    Backup
    > > Exec v8.50, b3571, r11 running on one machine and SQL 7.0 running on

    > other.
    > > The problem I have is that Backup Exec does not find any SQL Servers on

    > the
    > > local machine, but can backup SQL on remote machines. It doesn't find

    the
    > > Information Store, but finds "Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes" and it can

    > read
    > > them.
    > > Is this known bug in this version? I can not backup the information

    store
    > or
    > > any of my SQL 2000 Databases, because veritas backup can't SEE them.
    > > Any ideas will be helpfull.
    > >
    > > Petko Stoyanov, MCP

+ Reply to Thread