What's this??? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on What's this??? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, Recently, we get the following events in the event viewer (application log) : Event Type: Error Event Source: Backup Exec Catalog Server Event Category: None Event ID: 34326 Description: Access to catalog index (C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Catalogs\BeTopCat.idx) failed. Reason: Item ...

  1. What's this???

    :

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Backup Exec Catalog Server
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 34326
    Access to catalog index (C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup
    Exec\NT\Catalogs\BeTopCat.idx) failed.
    Reason: Item not found in this collection. DAO.QueryDefs
    d:\be\aruba\3315r\becat\server\catalogindex.cpp(11 05)

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Backup Exec Catalog Server
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 34327
    Update to catalog index (C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup
    Exec\NT\Catalogs\BeTopCat.idx) failed.
    Reason: Item not found in this collection. DAO.QueryDefs
    d:\be\aruba\3315r\becat\server\catmedia.cpp(1676)

    We use Backup Exec Version 8.0 Rev. 3315 on a Win2K AS
    Wat is the problem please ?

  2. Re: What's this???

    Any corresponding Job Log errors?

    Off the top of my head, sounds like the catalog index is corrput, or the
    pointer to it's location is incorrect.'

    See TechNote ID: 202380 at
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnotes/bewnt/202380.htm

    "Mr. PEPSI" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Recently, we get the following events in the event viewer (application log)
    > :
    >
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: Backup Exec Catalog Server
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 34326
    > Access to catalog index (C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup
    > Exec\NT\Catalogs\BeTopCat.idx) failed.
    > Reason: Item not found in this collection. DAO.QueryDefs
    > d:\be\aruba\3315r\becat\server\catalogindex.cpp(11 05)
    >
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: Backup Exec Catalog Server
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 34327
    > Update to catalog index (C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup
    > Exec\NT\Catalogs\BeTopCat.idx) failed.
    > Reason: Item not found in this collection. DAO.QueryDefs
    > d:\be\aruba\3315r\becat\server\catmedia.cpp(1676)
    >
    > We use Backup Exec Version 8.0 Rev. 3315 on a Win2K AS
    > Wat is the problem please ?

  3. Re: What's this???

    Solutions in this TechNote not working in our case...

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > Any corresponding Job Log errors?
    >
    > Off the top of my head, sounds like the catalog index is corrput, or the
    > pointer to it's location is incorrect.'
    >
    > See TechNote ID: 202380 at
    > http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnotes/bewnt/202380.htm
    >
    > "Mr. PEPSI" wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Recently, we get the following events in the event viewer (application

    log)
    > > :
    > >
    > > Event Type: Error
    > > Event Source: Backup Exec Catalog Server
    > > Event Category: None
    > > Event ID: 34326
    > > Access to catalog index (C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup
    > > Exec\NT\Catalogs\BeTopCat.idx) failed.
    > > Reason: Item not found in this collection. DAO.QueryDefs
    > > d:\be\aruba\3315r\becat\server\catalogindex.cpp(11 05)
    > >
    > > Event Type: Error
    > > Event Source: Backup Exec Catalog Server
    > > Event Category: None
    > > Event ID: 34327
    > > Update to catalog index (C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup
    > > Exec\NT\Catalogs\BeTopCat.idx) failed.
    > > Reason: Item not found in this collection. DAO.QueryDefs
    > > d:\be\aruba\3315r\becat\server\catmedia.cpp(1676)
    > >
    > > We use Backup Exec Version 8.0 Rev. 3315 on a Win2K AS
    > > Wat is the problem please ?

+ Reply to Thread