Restoring Mailboxes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restoring Mailboxes - Veritas Backup Exec ; Ok friends, Here is the situation.. For the last week I have been trying to restore mailboxes from tape. We had to re-install EXCHANGE. Everytime I try and restore a mail box I get a "Access Denied" error message. All ...

  1. Restoring Mailboxes

    Ok friends,

    Here is the situation.. For the last week I have been trying to restore mailboxes
    from tape. We had to re-install EXCHANGE.

    Everytime I try and restore a mail box I get a "Access Denied" error message.
    All the data is on the tape.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  2. Re: Restoring Mailboxes

    "Jay" wrote in message news:39d95fd6$1@hronntp01....

    > Ok friends,
    >
    > Here is the situation.. For the last week I have been trying to restore

    mailboxes
    > from tape. We had to re-install EXCHANGE.
    >
    > Everytime I try and restore a mail box I get a "Access Denied" error

    message.
    > All the data is on the tape.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    If your organisation is small enough such that you don't mind recreating all
    the mailboxes by name in using Exchange Administrator, then do so and then
    just restore the Information Store from tape - worked for us.

    Richard.

  3. Re: Restoring Mailboxes

    If you had to re-install Exchange, wouldn't a full IS/DS restore be a
    better way of getting back to where you were?

    Jay wrote:

    > Ok friends,
    >
    > Here is the situation.. For the last week I have been trying to restore mailboxes
    > from tape. We had to re-install EXCHANGE.
    >
    > Everytime I try and restore a mail box I get a "Access Denied" error message.
    > All the data is on the tape.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  4. Re: Restoring Mailboxes

    "Jay" wrote:

    >Ok friends,
    >
    >Here is the situation.. For the last week I have been trying to restore

    mailboxes
    >from tape. We had to re-install EXCHANGE.
    >
    >Everytime I try and restore a mail box I get a "Access Denied" error message.
    >All the data is on the tape.
    >
    >Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    We solved the problem... I received a few replies stating that it would be
    easier to recover our mailbxes with the information store... We had already
    considered doing that but found out that our backups were done in increments
    and well we didn't have them all... All we did have were the full backups
    of the mailboxes.

    All you have to do when receiving "Access Denied" error messages is ensure
    that you have made the appropriate permissions to your "Backup Service Account",
    try logging on as the service account and the open Exchange Administrator.
    If you receive an error message then this is the problem. Assign the right
    permisions and you'll be able to restore the mailboxes without any problems.

    Thanks to those who took the time to reply,

    Jay

+ Reply to Thread