Same serial numbers on v8.x - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Same serial numbers on v8.x - Veritas Backup Exec ; All of a sudden I keep getting this error meassge: The following systems are all installed with the same serial number: This is a violation of the software license: How do I remove the current license on 1 server and ...

  1. Same serial numbers on v8.x

    All of a sudden I keep getting this error meassge:

    The following systems are all installed with the same serial number:

    This is a violation of the software license:

    How do I remove the current license on 1 server and reinstall the correct
    license w/o reinstalling the product?

    Also, why did this start happening all of sudden?

    Thank you

  2. Re: Same serial numbers on v8.x

    On 27 Sep 2000 16:15:21 -0400, "David Richardson"
    wrote:

    >How do I remove the current license on 1 server and reinstall the correct
    >license w/o reinstalling the product?

    Just run setup again and select the same options just with the new
    serial number.

  3. Re: Same serial numbers on v8.x

    Re-run setup.

    Follow the prompts till you get to the serial screen. Enter the correct
    one(s) and then exit out of the install program.

    Stop/Start the BENT services and you should be OK. If the other server
    continues to nag you, on that one open up a registry editor and drill
    down to

    HKLM\Software\Veritas\Backup Exec\NameSvc

    and drill down the the server you just re-installed on, delete the
    server.

    Stop/Start the BENT services and the nag should be gone for good.

    David Richardson wrote:

    > All of a sudden I keep getting this error meassge:
    >
    > The following systems are all installed with the same serial number:
    >
    > This is a violation of the software license:
    >
    > How do I remove the current license on 1 server and reinstall the correct
    > license w/o reinstalling the product?
    >
    > Also, why did this start happening all of sudden?
    >
    > Thank you

+ Reply to Thread