I need to set my software to automatically start next tape - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on I need to set my software to automatically start next tape - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have 2 onstream drives in our server. A normal backup spans across 2 tapes. I start it on friday afternoon, and when the first tape gets filled, it ejects and a prompt appears telling me that ejected. I have ...

  1. I need to set my software to automatically start next tape

    I have 2 onstream drives in our server. A normal backup spans across 2 tapes.
    I start it on friday afternoon, and when the first tape gets filled, it ejects
    and a prompt appears telling me that ejected. I have to "respond OK" and
    then the backup continues onto the second tape. Where do I set it to not
    prompt me and just continue the backup onto the second tape? I'm using BE
    7.3

  2. Re: I need to set my software to automatically start next tape

    You need to set up a "Cascading Drive Pool" containing the two drives
    and then point the job to that pool rather than one of the drives.

    matt wrote:

    > I have 2 onstream drives in our server. A normal backup spans across 2 tapes.
    > I start it on friday afternoon, and when the first tape gets filled, it ejects
    > and a prompt appears telling me that ejected. I have to "respond OK" and
    > then the backup continues onto the second tape. Where do I set it to not
    > prompt me and just continue the backup onto the second tape? I'm using BE
    > 7.3

+ Reply to Thread