    Event ID: 57920
    Date: 9/27/2000
    Time: 7:10:42 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: GEORGIA
    An error occurred while preparing Microsoft Exchange Server \\GEORGIA to
    back up database Exchange MDB Database.
    Error code: 0x00000005
    Error message: Access is denied.

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Backup Exec
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 57920
    Date: 9/27/2000
    Time: 9:02:09 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: GEORGIA
    An error occurred while preparing Microsoft Exchange Server \\GEORGIA to
    back up database Exchange DS Database.
    Error code: 0x00000005
    Error message: Access is denied.

    The Backup Exec account is a Domain Admin, so that is not the problem.

    Anyone have an idea WHO or WHAT is being denied access here?!? Thanks to
    all.

  2. Re: W2K 'Access Denied' Error Preparing Exchange For Backup

    I just used the NTBackup applet on the server in question, and got event
    8010 - access denied.

    That means BackupExec is not part of the problem, just an innocent
    bystander.

    Thanks.

    "T.J. Regan" wrote in message news:39d22ac8@hronntp01....
    > We just promoted our Windows 2000 server from being a member server

    > a domain controller. This is also our Exchange server.
    >
    > Before the promotion, we used to back up the data from another server
    > running BENT 7.01. Backup worked correctly.
    >
    > Since the promotion, when the job starts, the W2K server Event Viewer
    > logs two errors:
    >
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: Backup Exec
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 57920
    > Date: 9/27/2000
    > Time: 7:10:42 AM
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: GEORGIA
    > An error occurred while preparing Microsoft Exchange Server \\GEORGIA to
    > back up database Exchange MDB Database.
    > Error code: 0x00000005
    > Error message: Access is denied.
    >

    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: Backup Exec
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 57920
    > Date: 9/27/2000
    > Time: 9:02:09 AM
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: GEORGIA
    > An error occurred while preparing Microsoft Exchange Server \\GEORGIA to
    > back up database Exchange DS Database.
    > Error code: 0x00000005
    > Error message: Access is denied.
    >
    > The Backup Exec account is a Domain Admin, so that is not the problem.
    >
    > Anyone have an idea WHO or WHAT is being denied access here?!? Thanks

    > all.

+ Reply to Thread