Exchange-Agent on Backup Exec V. 3315 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange-Agent on Backup Exec V. 3315 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, when I backup my exchange partition, I get many open files from the MTADATA-directory, which are skipped. I backup up the information store and the exchange-directory separately by the backup exec exchange agent, but I think, the files from ...

  1. Exchange-Agent on Backup Exec V. 3315

    Hello,
    when I backup my exchange partition, I get many open files from the MTADATA-directory,
    which are skipped. I backup up the information store and the exchange-directory
    separately by the backup exec exchange agent, but I think, the files from
    the MTADATA-directory are also very important for a restore. Can anybody
    help ?

  2. Re: Exchange-Agent on Backup Exec V. 3315

    No. the skipped files are not important.

    If you get into a recovery situation, Exchange will create/re-populate any files that are
    required when you do a full IS/DS restore.

    Rainer wrote:

    > Hello,
    > when I backup my exchange partition, I get many open files from the MTADATA-directory,
    > which are skipped. I backup up the information store and the exchange-directory
    > separately by the backup exec exchange agent, but I think, the files from
    > the MTADATA-directory are also very important for a restore. Can anybody
    > help ?

+ Reply to Thread