Command Line - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Command Line - Veritas Backup Exec ; I need to find a way to do four simultaneous backups from the command line, to four different tape devices, and to then have the program that ran the backup retrieve characteristics of those backups, such as the number of ...

  1. Command Line

    I need to find a way to do four simultaneous backups from the command line,
    to four different tape devices, and to then have the program that ran the
    backup retrieve characteristics of those backups, such as the number of hard
    and soft errors encountered during the backup run. Can Backup Exec V8 do
    this? I noted a command line utility, but the documentation was poor.

    --
    Will

    NOTE: To reply, CHANGE the username to westes AT uscsw.com

  2. Re: Command Line

    You can run as many jobs as you have drives available and predefined job
    descriptions, but as far as I know, BEMCMD doesn't have any switches to grab
    tape errors

    The best/only docs I've seen for the V7.3 version of BEMCMD are to do a
    "BEMCMD > BEMCMD.TXT"

    CHANGE username to just westes wrote:

    > I need to find a way to do four simultaneous backups from the command line,
    > to four different tape devices, and to then have the program that ran the
    > backup retrieve characteristics of those backups, such as the number of hard
    > and soft errors encountered during the backup run. Can Backup Exec V8 do
    > this? I noted a command line utility, but the documentation was poor.
    >
    > --
    > Will
    >
    > NOTE: To reply, CHANGE the username to westes AT uscsw.com

+ Reply to Thread